Honda Forza 350

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks, Steve.
The satnav mount is sorted - at least, I know how I'm going to do it and it's straightforward.
Before I take it in for its first service I will arrange for the mechanic to run a power lead direct from the battery (under the seat) with a trailing plug on the end that I can dangle out from under the seat. I think that part of the plan will be okay and suffice since I don't always use the satnav when I'm out and it's a bit soon to be drilling holes! I have a very suitable dash-mounting socket, though, and it's something else to chat about with the mechanic.

I went out this morning in dry weather and did about 40 miles on major and minor roads.
I need to be a bit careful as it's very brisk on take-off, even with minimal throttle, and I should keep the revs down as well as not falling off the back!

The electronic key seems okay - I'm used to it already - but it's a bit unnerving not having any indication that it's going to work! As well as that, I'm having to devise a system/habit for topbox and other keys I've always had on the ring with the ignition key. I realised that having them in a pocket is not convenient. The most important one to deal with is the remote for the roller-shutter; it needs to be easy to get at so I don't have to dismount or otherwise take off gloves to get it out of a pocket. Little things!

One thing Paul got slightly wrong, unless I missed it, is that the cubby on the dash DOES lock when the bike is switched off. I panicked a bit when I tried to open it when I parked up at Tesco, a stop on my ride. There is no key but a system like the catch for the seat- and petrol-flap opening although they have buttons to press.

Glad I got the Givi screen; it's taller. As I said before, I was on the cusp of being shielded or in a draft when the Honda screen was on its highest position.

Still not comfortable with the mirrors and am seriously thinking of buying and fitting a conventional one on the handlebars; the hole is there. The alternative - unlikely - is for me to lose weight.

More to follow. ;)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I have the key fob on a lanyard around my neck,my top box is keyless as well,so i dont have to unzip my jacket,obviously you would,i think you’ll struggle to find a solution whereas you don’t have to remove your gloves,is it a big remote for the roller shutter,could the remote be strapped to the handlebars somehow,but then you would need to remove it each time you park up on a ride which would be a pain,the key for the top box could be on a lanyard on the outside of you jacket,but it’ll be flying around once up to speed and hitting your visor🤔

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Waldorf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:04 am
Ah, I thought that might be the location for the tool kit which was lying with its rubber band on the bottom of the tub.
Goes in the recess at the side, where the dealer should have left it...probably gave up trying cos it's such a pain to re-attach!
Tips - you can lock the handlebars turned to the right as well as left; that makes the cubby easier to get at when you unlock them.
And - if (when...) the fuel flap refuses to open - make sure you're pressing the button FULLY down; and at the same time press the front of the fuel flap - not where the latch is, but the front.
1981 Triumph T140ES
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Waldorf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:07 pm Thanks, Steve.

Still not comfortable with the mirrors and am seriously thinking of buying and fitting a conventional one on the handlebars; the hole is there. The alternative - unlikely - is for me to lose weight.

More to follow. ;)
You could try cutting your arms off! May seem a bit drastic but at least you can get that "uncluttered view" behind! :o :lol: Glad you are getting out on it.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Greyerbeard wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:46 am
Goes in the recess at the side, where the dealer should have left it...probably gave up trying cos it's such a pain to re-attach!
Tips - you can lock the handlebars turned to the right as well as left; that makes the cubby easier to get at when you unlock them.
And - if (when...) the fuel flap refuses to open - make sure you're pressing the button FULLY down; and at the same time press the front of the fuel flap - not where the latch is, but the front.

Thank you for those gems; all tips and comments very gratefully received.
I never put the Silverwing tool-kit in the right place as I had a lead coming up into that space and located my Starcom box there.

As for cutting of my arms, Data: if I can get rid of the Bingo-Wings I will be able to tuck my elbows in more effectively! :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

On the subject of minor Forza peculiarities - a couple of weeks ago I could not shut the fuel filler flap. Couldn't work out why for a few minutes, but it turns out I had not rotated the actual filler cap completely to line up with the little arrows. Only a small detail and one I hadn't had a problem with in the first 2 years of ownership, but hey! it might save someone a bit of worrying sometime....
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Thanks. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Hello Mike….how are you getting on with the Forza,managed to take mine out yesterday afternoon after it brightened up from the lousy morning,not been out for a while as my day off in the week was taken up with taking mother shopping and last weekend i had a 4 legged friend staying while a neighbour was away🤓anyway got 50/60 miles done,with a visit to a dealer en-route for a cuppa……it was excellent therapy being out riding….

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

Hello, Steve.
I'm enjoying the scooter very much.
I took it out yesterday to ride to B&Q for a few bits. It bucketed down with rain but I had the right gear on.
I had to do the trip twice as, when I got home, I couldn't find my keys and shutter-remote and thought I must have left the topbox key in the slot and dropped them in the road somewhere.
No luck but having put everything to dry on the radiators, when I checked again the new little bag which is now my tunnel bag, I found there is a third pocket and the keys were in there!
Relief!!
One day we will ride together again.
Take care. :)
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
Capitano

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

Waldorf wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:06 am I will find out shortly if muffs will still fit; I have the very used ones off the Silverwing to experiment with.
With the weather getting cold out there, I need to do something about keeping my hands working. How did the muffs work out? Anybody else fitted them yet? Or alternatives (e.g. hand shields)

Given Honda's marvellous switch layout, would muffs mean I'll be back to tooting at people when I want to signal? Or angrily switching to 'Display A' when someone pulls out in front of me? ;)