C600 Sport 15k service

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

C600 Sport 15k service

Post by R1K SU »

Hi All
Im looking at a 13 plate C600 sport with 13500 miles and Akro can on it
I was interested until I noticed BMW 15K Service is £1500 !! Has anyone paid that?
How much do ppl usually pay as BMW recommend both chain and sprockets be changed as far as I could gather, I just had my chain and sprockets changed on my GSXR1000 and it was £180 for parts.
Has anyone had a decat done?
Thanks
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: C600 Sport 15k service

Post by MrGrumpy »

Such appalling prices have been mentioned before on here. After a while, you think maybe you imagined them, or someone was exaggerating - but it does seem they are real. So, yes, this seems to be the going rate, if not cheaper than some quotes!

I can't explain why their prices are so ludicrous. Expensive parts are one reason, and expensive BMW labour charges may be another. I think the charge for the basic engine service is around £600 which is incredible. Then there is the V-belt which costs £200+ even on a Tmax, and then they want you to change the final drive chain & sprockets (charging you something like £500) which seems bizarre as they are in an oil bath! Even fully exposed chains seem to last longer than that these days! Early Tmaxs had a broadly similar concept but a completely different design, the only maintenance being needed there was to change the final drive oil every 12k miles.
So...this is the exact reason why I never seriously consider buying a BMW C600/650. Mind you, the Tmax is damned expensive to maintain as well, though dirt cheap compared to a BMW!

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

Thats just crazy

This is why years back i said im going to slowly start buying tools and do my own maintenance. Start with simple things like the motor oil and filter and other filters and spark plug. Then work my way to the cvt (not into motorcycles anymore-only scooters )
Buy parts from eBay or usa (i live in middle east) and we pay more than twice usa parts. So not going to support that anymore

I can do the maintenance before its time and save a lot while doing it. I just dont want to pay these crazy prices. It would also me I would be supporting them charging ridiculous prices

I download the service manual and follow that. Sure.. There is a thing called skill you need to learn along the way. But if one was the diy kind it will come over time

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

R1K SU wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:27 pm Hi All
Im looking at a 13 plate C600 sport with 13500 miles and Akro can on it
I was interested until I noticed BMW 15K Service is £1500 !! Has anyone paid that?
How much do ppl usually pay as BMW recommend both chain and sprockets be changed as far as I could gather, I just had my chain and sprockets changed on my GSXR1000 and it was £180 for parts.
Has anyone had a decat done?
Thanks
Yes those prices are real! I have friends who work on BMW bikes as techs and the only issue with BMW bikes these days is the cost of looking after them if you don't do it yourself. They charge prices not too far off getting your BMW car serviced or repaired.

Why would you want to get a decated bike, which is illegal anyway? It's going to have a hell of a job getting through an MOT (the new one particularly) and it will sod up the way the bike runs, and poison the rest of us! Sure you can spend money getting it to run illegally smoothly etc but it ain't the way to go.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

R1K SU

Post by R1K SU »

Decat is an option, as is ecu flashing, my current bike has both and runs so much smoother than standard. To get past euro 4 almost all bikes run badly.
Due to the high cost of the service, I've decided against the BMW, who knows I may go back to a newer Burgman 650.
Or are there newer maxi scoots out that are better, I've not checked out new big scoots for 7 years or so.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Post by muddyfox »

Or are there newer maxi scoots out that are better, I've not checked out new big scoots for 7 years or so
Check out Yamaha T Max.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

When i was looking for another maxi scooter a couple of years back,i then read about the service cost at 16k miles,still went to have a look at a new one at a dealers,it took me ages to drag out the price of the service for the said 16k miles,i brought the Tmax DX instead,which can still damage your wallet if you dont tinker yourself......

A newish 650 Burgman is indeed an option,i’ve had plenty of them and have really enjoyed trouble free miles,two downsides they are a bit lardy and service intervals are only 4k miles,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

If you were considering a C600S, then the Tmax is the obvious alternative. The only confusion is that as the Tmax is regularly updated (unlike some other maxis!), there are a variety of different versions out there. All are Tmaxs and broadly similar in spec, but they each have their strengths & weaknesses, and have their distinct feel.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 am .... All are Tmaxs and broadly similar in spec, but they each have their strengths & weaknesses, and have their distinct feel.
There may be a lot of differences but they are ALL expensive!

:lol:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

R1K SU

Post by R1K SU »

Yeah thanks for the replies, I know the T-Max is very expensive and there is a new 560 version.
The big burg I had 2004 was heavy, I know the newer ones are "lighter" but not by much.
What I really want is a Zero SR/F but they to are expensive :) after a test ride, I fell in love.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS