HONDA HELIX PROJECT HAS LANDED !

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Re: HONDA HELIX PROJECT HAS LANDED !

Post by Jimo »

A contributor from another planet has landed here - apparently OUT OF FUEL! Hey-ho!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

brennain1 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:05 am Good luck with this, I’ve always fancied one so shall be following this thread with interest.
Cheers! I note that you have an MZ ts250 , I had one 20 odd years ago , absolutely brilliant, oil measure in the fuel cap, rubber gaitor on the chain, ex USSR rocket launcher for an exhaust pipe and a tank that parted your wedding tackle under heavy breaking with a ring ding ding ding sound from that 2 stroke engine , what a beast .

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

Rocketman122 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:13 pm In 2001 i worked for ups and used a ch/freeway 250.similar to this scooter just updated. I really hated to ride it. Acceleration was to slow. Rear brake was a foot pedal which is a huge mistake and safety issue. When youre driving in the rain and you feel grip is losing by instinct you want to place both feet on the asphalt to stabilize like training wheels. You want to use rhe rear brakes but cant since its a pedal. I know there were a few who moved theirs to the handlebar by custom work.

We also had a model called spazio here thats similar to yours

Curious to read this post on updates. Try logging with pictures and then make a book with logging info inside
I can see why having a foot pedal may be an issue for a courier using it however im guessing that wasnt its original intended purpose .
It definately polarises opinions from being ugly or weird to cool and retro. I think that because its a rarer beast in the UK it raises more interest however all I know is that I think its a great bit of kit.

maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Post by maxiscootnz »

Pandrop wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:39 am
maxiscootnz wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 pm
Pandrop wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:40 pm

80s Cool ..even better ! Havent been to Welly for ages, whereabouts are you?
5 mins from central city
Fab, I have have a few family up around the Auckland area but an Aunt in Upper Hutt , a friend in Paekak, some in Karori and friends in Dannevirke too. Spent three months out there some years back spending time with lots of different people absolutely loved it , what a stunning country you are very lucky to live out there.
I know Upper Hutt well. Go past there a lot on the Helix over the Remutaka hill a fantastic ride to the Wairarapa. I also have a freind in Piecock and family in Auckland 8-)
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

maxiscootnz wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:38 am
maxiscootnz wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:53 pm

5 mins from central city
Fab, I have have a few family up around the Auckland area but an Aunt in Upper Hutt , a friend in Paekak, some in Karori and friends in Dannevirke too. Spent three months out there some years back spending time with lots of different people absolutely loved it , what a stunning country you are very lucky to live out there.
I know Upper Hutt well. Go past there a lot on the Helix over the Remutaka hill a fantastic ride to the Wairarapa. I also have a freind in Piecock and family in Auckland 8-)
Dunno if its still there , but we used to eat in a little restaurant in downtown Wellington, it was a little old white wooden building sat in amongst tall modern buildings, I cant remember the name but i feel sure it was bulcott street or boulcort street/ avenue perhaps?

maxiscootnz
Benefactor

Post by maxiscootnz »

Pandrop wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:44 am

Dunno if its still there , but we used to eat in a little restaurant in downtown Wellington, it was a little old white wooden building sat in amongst tall modern buildings, I cant remember the name but i feel sure it was bulcott street or boulcort street/ avenue perhaps?
Yeah i was past there today i think you are referring to the famous Bulcott street bristro

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

maxiscootnz wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:53 am

Yeah i was past there today i think you are referring to the famous Bulcott street bristro
That's the one. Memories flooding back, took the train up to Palmerston North and drove to Lake Taupo and the Huka Falls. Cant remember the name of the town with all the Art Deco buildings but that was lovely ( Hastings perhaps?)

maxiscootnz
Benefactor

Post by maxiscootnz »

Pandrop wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:20 am

That's the one. Memories flooding back, took the train up to Palmerston North and drove to Lake Taupo and the Huka Falls. Cant remember the name of the town with all the Art Deco buildings but that was lovely ( Hastings perhaps?)
Napier. Most of it was destroyed by earthquake in about 1930 i think. If your Aunty is still mobile maybe she could meet me at the cafe take some pics on the cn of her and post them to you. :lol:

brennain1
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by brennain1 »

Pandrop wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:15 am
brennain1 wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:05 am Good luck with this, I’ve always fancied one so shall be following this thread with interest.
Cheers! I note that you have an MZ ts250 , I had one 20 odd years ago , absolutely brilliant, oil measure in the fuel cap, rubber gaitor on the chain, ex USSR rocket launcher for an exhaust pipe and a tank that parted your wedding tackle under heavy breaking with a ring ding ding ding sound from that 2 stroke engine , what a beast .
Yes MZeds, very underrated bike but now going up in value.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda SH300i
Mz TS250 Supa Five
Too handsome to be ugly, to fat to be thin!!

brennain1
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by brennain1 »

My brother lives in Tauranga, Bay of Plenty area, went to visit hime about 10 yrs back. Lovely area and a fantastic country.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Honda SH300i
Mz TS250 Supa Five
Too handsome to be ugly, to fat to be thin!!