HONDA HELIX PROJECT HAS LANDED !

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

HONDA HELIX PROJECT HAS LANDED !

Post by Pandrop »

Ive just had my first ever scooter delivered today, and I would say that she needs some work.

I really fancied a Helix and had this one flagged up to me by a fellow muppet which I bought from ebay and had delivered today.

At first a quick inspection reveals several parts of the bodywork are cracked, the keys are missing so all locks forced open, tyres and brakes are shot, handbrake lever on the front wheel has broken , one mirror missing one cracked , lots of rust etc , No V5 or any other docs, however it starts and runs (up the drive so far) so Ill start stripping it down over the next week or so . Ive already had a few offers of spare bits and lots of advice from fellow Helix riders which is very much appreciated and will certainly help me find my way around and get her straighened out.
Ive included a couple of piccies from today.

Deleted User 4154

Re: HONDA HELIX PROJECT HAS LANDED !

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Brilliant, lots of cobwebs and muck to clean off but it looks like you have a fundamentally decent project there. Looking forward to updates with great interest!

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

Some wd40 and it will be like new

Joking aside..
Better you than me. Will stay tuned.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

when ordering parts don't forget to order plenty of patience! :lol: and I'm sure very soon you will be sick of hearing, 'it'll be worth it in the end', but it will. :)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Why not do something more fun like climbing Everest wearing only your Y fronts??? Or hitting your own head with a baseball bat? You can buy much better more modern scoots that are in excellent condition that don't need the next 6 months of your life to spent on them!

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:55 am Why not do something more fun like climbing Everest wearing only your Y fronts??? Or hitting your own head with a baseball bat? You can buy much better more modern scoots that are in excellent condition that don't need the next 6 months of your life to spent on them!
Having already climbed Mount Everest in a pair of (rather ill-fitting) Y-Fronts I can safely say that its not all it's cracked up to be.

A. The Helix is retro, its 90s cool, and I don't want a modern moped that everyone else has. That's far too easy and if everyone had that mindset there wouldn't be a vintage or retro anything around anywhere anymore.

B. I have a garage full of very nice minty perfect motorcycles that don't require any work so this is a project to keep me occupied, it has been fun doing the research, and will be fun finding the parts and watch it transform.

Cheers for your positive input though Mr Grumpy :) :lol:

maxiscootnz
Benefactor
Current Ride: various

Post by maxiscootnz »

Yeah they are cool . For the record they are 80,s cool.
Honda fc50 beat, dragster180, spacey250, cn250 Helix , C1(192) k100rs, r1100s

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Here’s a nice one just up, in Wolverhampton! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303673014302

Looks well cared for and ready for road with V5!

Jim?
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Pandrop
Benefactor

Post by Pandrop »

maxiscootnz wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:18 am Yeah they are cool . For the record they are 80,s cool.

80s Cool ..even better ! Havent been to Welly for ages, whereabouts are you?

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

I guess it depends who you ask if its cool haha

I just think you have your work cut out for you there. I hope youre successful. It looks like a huge project. The rust looks. Like it destroyed that scooter