London Trip Parking Tips needed

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

London Trip Parking Tips needed

Post by Scootalli »

Hi All

I need to go London next week and wondering if anyone has tips for parking.

I understand that the scooters are exempt from all charges so I can just drive to central London, but where to park.

I am a little concerned about theft or course, but was thinking I could just park in a Soho underground carpark and pay for it (like I used to when I had a car), but not sure if they allow motorbikes/scooters in.

Have tried the on street parking before, but my experience was they were very crowded so you risk damage, very rare to be able to get the bike locked to something and quite often full.

Any tips?

Last time I went was on the PCX quite a few years ago. Will be going to central london btw

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: London Trip Parking Tips needed

Post by StephenC »

Most bike bays are free in London except for Westminster, which charges a £1 a day. If you use one on a Red Route in Westminster though they are run by TfL, who don't charge.

Carparks can vary so although I know the one off Trafalgar Square is free you should check the website of the one you want to use to be sure. As an example, NCP says:The tariff for motorcycle parking varies and depends on which car park you choose. You’ll be able to find more information about motorcycle tariffs by searching `Find a Car Park` on our website and where detailed information for the car park you wish to use can be found. If there‘s no specific motorcycle tariff for the car park you wish to use, then the standard charges will apply.

The best tip is to try and secure the bike to something, use locks at each end and preferably a cover over it all as well.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Scootalli wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:12 am Hi All

I need to go London next week and wondering if anyone has tips for parking.

I understand that the scooters are exempt from all charges so I can just drive to central London, but where to park.

I am a little concerned about theft or course, but was thinking I could just park in a Soho underground carpark and pay for it (like I used to when I had a car), but not sure if they allow motorbikes/scooters in.

Have tried the on street parking before, but my experience was they were very crowded so you risk damage, very rare to be able to get the bike locked to something and quite often full.

Any tips?

Last time I went was on the PCX quite a few years ago. Will be going to central london btw
Parking might be a bit easier as people are still working from home,not all work places are fully up and running,but be aware you have something the little darling scooter thieves like,good lock & chains needed,two would be good,unsure exactly where you are going in central London,google earth and drop the little man in for a walkabout you can see the motorcycle parking bays then.......

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

Thanks, will check those suggestions out.,

I have a massive chain, was thinking of taking the motorbike, but it would be hard work taking the lock on the motorbike and I would prefer the comfort on a journey like that

rossm
Current Ride: SH300-R1-Z1000

Post by rossm »

A lot of the bike bays have anchor points now (which is good) & as mentioned still a lot of people working from home so a fair amount of space available during the week (is where I am up on Baker street)
Yamaha R1, Kawasaki Z1000, Honda SH300i

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »