Tricity 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
spdtwn
Current Ride: Vespa Sei Giorni HPE + MP3 250

Re: Yamaha Tricity 300

Post by spdtwn »

My T Max is 225kg and my MP3 250 is 239kg . Moving Max in and out of the shed is a bit of a chore, the MP3 is a breeze. With the front locked upright it's virtually a one handed job.
Both are 2007 models and are ridden regularly-MP3 more so during the wet,wot with that extra front end grip. Max is the choice for 'out wi' the lads on their Speed Triples etc'. Keeps them honest :roll: Riding either is a joyful experience .
I'm hoping the Tricity 300 gets to NZ , with that nice motor and all the latest tech plus a quarter of the on-road costs, I might just manage with one bike. It weighs the same as the MP3.

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:22 pm
DTO wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:38 pm Tax is £91 and is really heavy .
Is it really? More than a Tmax! Presumably cos its a trike rather than a 'bicycle'. So...if it was like an MP3, with a narrower track than the Tricity, then it would still be a (3 wheeled!) Bicycle, and thus cheaper tax?
Only the early MP3’s had a narrower track and were classed as “ bicycles “
They have been trikes for years now .

A trike over 150cc is now £93 .

blackmoon181
Current Ride: SH300i + NC750x

Post by blackmoon181 »

i was really considering a MP3 for commuting duties until i learned about the front suspension bearing maintenance. Given the miles i do i wasn't prepared to eat the cost. they seem like a match made in heaven for greasy early morning roundabouts and shaded frosty roads.

I've always wanted to ride the new MP3 with the BV350 engine. i've always thought that would be a great combination.

Excited about the Tricity given the praises of the blu-core engine. I saw the cager on two wheels review and he was quite complementary but had his gripes as you would expect.

i'd be tempted to see how the residual values hold up after a few years and may snag one as my winter daily.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yeah, as Cager says, it is probably the ultimate commuter, and like all 3 wheelers, would offer real advantages in poor weather and on poor road surfaces. However, in good conditions for leisure riding, those advantages become less important and the disadvantages of extra weight etc come into play. Though the superb braking potential of 3 wheelers is always worth having!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

It seems Peugeot have updated the Metropolis 400 (though the differences are that obvious unless you have deep knowledge of the previous version).
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bike ... iaggio-mp3
Doesn't say how much it weighs, but 35.6bhp sounds good. €9,700 (£8,900) is on the 'premium' side!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:02 am It seems Peugeot have updated the Metropolis 400 (though the differences are that obvious unless you have deep knowledge of the previous version).
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bike ... iaggio-mp3
Doesn't say how much it weighs, but 35.6bhp sounds good. €9,700 (£8,900) is on the 'premium' side!
Saw that, but what's the situation with a UK importer? Didn't 3X go bust?

I still hate the direction they took, with putting all their resources into a very niche machine and everything being cheap and cheerful sub-125. Only recently with the Pulsion are they moving in the right direction.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

StephenC wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:06 am
Saw that, but what's the situation with a UK importer? Didn't 3X go bust?

I still hate the direction they took, with putting all their resources into a very niche machine and everything being cheap and cheerful sub-125. Only recently with the Pulsion are they moving in the right direction.
Yes, 3X did go bust, but it seems Peugeot UK do have a website, with dealers.
https://www.peugeotscooters.co.uk/ ...though it doesn't seem to work entirely correctly!

Filonian
Current Ride: Honda Integra 750

Post by Filonian »

Noticed whilst watching the Giro d'Italia that they were using the Tricity 300s rather than the Nikens.

Would like to see one in the flesh though.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Filonian wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:10 am Noticed whilst watching the Giro d'Italia that they were using the Tricity 300s rather than the Nikens.

Would like to see one in the flesh though.
Were they? I only noticed Nikens yesterday. I shall look closely this afternoon. I think the biggest clue is the front fork/shock absorbers - they are on the Outside of the wheels on the Niken, and on the inside for the Tricity. So bleedin' ugly on the Niken that you can't miss them!

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

I saw one at the local yamaha dealer the other day

It was a gloss grey version, I have to say it looked very nice, a bit cheap around the handle bars, but by far the nicest 3 wheeler I have seen.

It is a bit pricey at £7.5k and will most likely end up being a tool for transport, but it is the first three wheeler I have thought it looks quite good.

I wonder how many problems they will get with people with no motorcycle experience taking them on as they can be ridden on car licence only.

It actually looks more complicated to ride than a standard two wheeler and you still need to know all the safety stuff of two wheels in my opinion...

Nice bike though and the one I saw was SOLD!