2000 Miles on TMax 530

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: 2000 Miles on TMax 530

Post by Stephen »

.....As i have said on other threads i am in the market for another scooter,will chop both my bikes in for a new one,two main contenders really,the Forza 750 and the Tmax 560,the Forza is nice and i enjoyed the test ride,had it an electric screen and heated grips as standard i think i would of signed up for one if i was offered a sensible deal on my existing machines,my local Yamaha dealer doesn’t normally open on a Bank Holiday,but they have a “open day”tomorrow,so i think i will go down there and get some figures thrown around for a new 560 Tmax.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

But would a Tmax 560 be sufficiently different (upgrade) over your current Tmax 530?? There again, would a Forza 750 be sufficiently different from your X-ADV?
Since I'm in the process of installing a new rear shock for my Tmax, I guess I ought to ride it for a while to make it worthwhile! I guess I'll leave it a year before I look round for a replacement.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:57 pm But would a Tmax 560 be sufficiently different (upgrade) over your current Tmax 530?? There again, would a Forza 750 be sufficiently different from your X-ADV?
Since I'm in the process of installing a new rear shock for my Tmax, I guess I ought to ride it for a while to make it worthwhile! I guess I'll leave it a year before I look round for a replacement.
I think the 560 Tmax would satisfy me,its such a cracking ride,only problem i have had was the 3 or 4 recalls,plus my battery died,the ADV has been nice and kind to me,so no grumbles,my guess Honda will revamp the Forza 750 in 18-24 months with the toys i may desire,so perhaps i may change again then........i need to wait and see want figures my dealer comes out with,i have figures in my head,it depends how much they differ from the dealers........

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

What year is your tmax dx....what sort of moneys it worth

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

charles1976 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:13 pm What year is your tmax dx....what sort of moneys it worth
Its a 2018 on a 18 plate,10k miles,full dealer service history,no real idea what i may get px’ing it,but at a rough guess 5kish

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:57 pm
I think the 560 Tmax would satisfy me,its such a cracking ride,only problem .....i need to wait and see want figures my dealer comes out with,i have figures in my head,it depends how much they differ from the dealers........

Steve
It sounds good - you can buy the Tmax 560 and then tell me whether its worth the upgrade from the 530! There again, if Yamaha stick to their normal schedule, then they'll probably unveil a Tmax mk8 in October next year! The mk8 is likely to be a more substantial redesign over the mk7 than the mk6 to mk7.

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

Mmm, I never thought the 560 would be worth changing from a 530, but then I have never driven a 560 so dont know.

I got the impression it ended up being a 560 for Euro 5 purposes rather than any performance increase and they are still limited by the A2 licence limit.

Dont see how they can get around this, unless they go for some sort of high performance version and then have a factory restrictor for A2 bods.

If Honda Forza 750 had all the gizmos of the 350, that would be an interesting thing, but am not a big fan of the Forza styling...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Scootalli wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:10 am
I got the impression it ended up being a 560 for Euro 5 purposes rather than any performance increase and they are still limited by the A2 licence limit.

Dont see how they can get around this, unless they go for some sort of high performance version and then have a factory restrictor for A2 bods.
Personally I think that they have got round it - by under-reporting the bhp the engine makes! I've never understood how the mk6 Tmax with 46bhp (or whatever the official figure is) can be so much faster than the mk2-5 versions which have very similar quoted bhp figures, and how a Tmax mk6 can have the same performance as a Kymco AK550 which has 6 more bhp! (although the AK550 weighs slightly more).

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:24 am
Scootalli wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:10 am

Personally I think that they have got round it - by under-reporting the bhp the engine makes! I've never understood how the mk6 Tmax with 46bhp (or whatever the official figure is) can be so much faster than the mk2-5 versions which have very similar quoted bhp figures, and how a Tmax mk6 can have the same performance as a Kymco AK550 which has 6 more bhp! (although the AK550 weighs slightly more).
Maybe that is a theory, but I cant imagine they would be able to go much if at all over the limit though,

If they got rumbled on that I should imagine the consequences could be catastrophic for Yamaha, maybe they over egged the earlier bikes?

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

On another topic, the TMax is now booked for its annual service. I will report back on what happens.

It is in for:

A recall (cruise control related I believe)
Annual Service - mileage is 3,500 approx at mo
Battery replacement maybe
Problem being unable to get into menu settings