2000 Miles on TMax 530

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Re: 2000 Miles on TMax 530

Post by Scootalli »

Cold Weather Update!

It has been very cold here, 2 degrees last few days and have been on the scoot during this time, being careful of course for ice!

But what a revelation the TMax is in cold weather, heated seat and grips very good, and I have the optional hand guards. Then put the screen up to the top and I can ride in normal clothes, it is quite amazing the cold weather protection.

Only slight negative on this front is it could do with lower leg deflectors that I can't find any for this scoot.

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

I've been riding in 2 degree weather too, but I had on a vest, a t-shirt, a jumper, a hoody, a big overcoat, track suit bottoms, kevlar jeans, overalls, waterproof trousers, thick leather gloves and Gortex mittens.

I was warm enough though. riding.gif

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The weather's been so miserable here, I haven't ridden far enough to get cold!

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

Actually I think Yamaha are missing a trick with the TMax,

It is marketed as a sporty scooter, which it is to some extent, but I think the really draw of the TMax is more the luxury aspect of the scoot,

Its not mega performance wise, but the comfort factors are winning for me...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I think that the Tmax's trick is to tick almost all boxes - its goes pretty well, it's comfortable enough for tours and long trips, its a weapon in urban areas, its fun on the twisties. Only snag is it doesn't go offroad and you need a big wallet!!!!

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

True,

Been out today, had to do a country road trip as I use the bike for work purposes...

Was fine in the wet conditions, was good fun too. Certainly not scary like the PCX I used to own, (That was the most scary experience I have ever had on two wheels - dark country lane (National speedlimit) in the wet!)

Could push a bit in the wet and no dramas,

Bike is mega filthy now, but I dont want it to be a garage queen :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I had mine deep cleaned the other week, and it came back looking like it was brand new, so I'm now reluctant to go out on rural roads on it as it'll get utterly filthy again in seconds!

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

Update with Battery

Battery went flat after between 1 and 2 weeks of not being used and I managed to recharge it.

Noticed now, that after only a couple of days, bike is only just starting on battery, but starts all okay if I use it every day.

Also noticed now that key light is flashing sometimes, which I think means the battery is low in the keyless key.

Think bike now needs a new battery for the bike and the key!

Not great after not long ownership, but as it was a left over model, it was probably sat around a while prior to me buying it.

Still enjoying the bike though and it is great fun as well as a very useful bike.

Mileage not going up a lot recently due to cold weather and lockdown, but things are looking up.

My other bike (motorbike) hasnt been out since maybe December last year. But the battery is fine on that one, but it doesnt have the electronics the TMax has so maybe that is why and TMax drains the battery a little when sat.

I never turn off the wireless key as quite frankly I cant be bothered, but I will be some spare batteries this time just in case.

Smart Key Battery is a CR2025 3V

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, the little light on the dashboard comes on when the smart key battery is low. Best to replace it ASAP!!!! If it goes flat you will be utterly up shite creek and will need to do the emergency procedure! The batteries don't last that long. I'm obsessive about turning the key off when not in use, and the battery still goes flat before long. The original lasted a couple of years, but I bought a super duper duracell one instead and that needed replacing after a few months! The cheap one I bought instead is lasting OK.
Yes, I guess the scoot battery needs replacing as well. It may have some sort of fault. Again, I'm obsessive about having batteries on trickle-charge when not in use, so I don't have a problem! Starting problems are a dead giveaway for battery problems as this is when its peak load is.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:10 am I had mine deep cleaned the other week, and it came back looking like it was brand new, so I'm now reluctant to go out on rural roads on it as it'll get utterly filthy again in seconds!
Is that something your dealer does?.......sounds exactly what i need for my Tmax

Took Max out for a blast today,to help with my well being,so classed as essential,i popped in to a little motorcycle workshop(recommended to me by a neighbour)on route,to sort out a new front tyre for the Honda,still waiting for the other workshop to phone with a price,that was nearly three weeks ago,got a price right away from this one,he does MOT’s as well,so the Honda is booked in for its first MOT.

I then continued on my ride,nice dry roads covered about 70 miles,most enjoyable,listening to radio,weaving through the country lanes,even crossed the boarder from Northamptonshire to Leicestershire for a few miles😎

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"