2000 Miles on TMax 530

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: 2000 Miles on TMax 530

Post by Stephen »

Scootalli wrote: ↑Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:58 am Update with Battery

Battery went flat after between 1 and 2 weeks of not being used and I managed to recharge it.

Noticed now, that after only a couple of days, bike is only just starting on battery, but starts all okay if I use it every day.

Also noticed now that key light is flashing sometimes, which I think means the battery is low in the keyless key.

Think bike now needs a new battery for the bike and the key!

Not great after not long ownership, but as it was a left over model, it was probably sat around a while prior to me buying it.

Still enjoying the bike though and it is great fun as well as a very useful bike.

Mileage not going up a lot recently due to cold weather and lockdown, but things are looking up.

My other bike (motorbike) hasnt been out since maybe December last year. But the battery is fine on that one, but it doesnt have the electronics the TMax has so maybe that is why and TMax drains the battery a little when sat.

I never turn off the wireless key as quite frankly I cant be bothered, but I will be some spare batteries this time just in case.

Smart Key Battery is a CR2025 3V
I changed the battery on my Tmax dx this month,3 years living outside not plugged in to an optimate,winter,lockdown lack of use ect ect finally killed it,now plugged in to a solar charger while under the cover,also changed the battery in the keyfob as well.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

Got some new fob batteries, will have to get a replacement main battery soon, it is going okay at mo, but I am riding most days, not sure it will last long if I dont ride it for a little while, so probably best to just change it now

PS Did you resolve your one bike/two bike dilemma?!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Scootalli wrote: ↑Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:10 am Got some new fob batteries, will have to get a replacement main battery soon, it is going okay at mo, but I am riding most days, not sure it will last long if I dont ride it for a little while, so probably best to just change it now

PS Did you resolve your one bike/two bike dilemma?!
Not yet.....the Honda is due a service in April,that’ll be the last one under my 3 year service plan,hopefully wheels Peterborough will have a Forza 750 demo fof me to play with :D might also take another couple out on a demo ride to save me coming home on a loan bike,which is usually a SV650,i know i am gonna take a kick in the nuts if i chop the two in,which was plan A,so i may go on to plan B,trouble is at the moment its a pain trying to get in the shop to talk to a sales rep,they want to do it all by email or phone,i like to look the enemy in the eye and battle for a deal face to face 8-)

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

What's the top speed on the 530?
Possibly looking at getting another scoot and my commute includes motorway, so it would be rude not to play with the faster cars πŸ˜„
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

R1K SU wrote: ↑Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:29 am What's the top speed on the 530?
Possibly looking at getting another scoot and my commute includes motorway, so it would be rude not to play with the faster cars πŸ˜„
No idea! And the speed on the speedo is a lot more than real speed! I believe that according to mags, the top speed is around 105, though I guess it depends on wind! The bad news is that at those speeds, fuel consumption will be more than a Goldwing's!

Dogsbody
Current Ride: Burgman 400 Honda C125 400-4

Post by Dogsbody »

Just a comment ref Key Fob. I don't know which battery is fitted but the better battery to buy is a Silver oxide, usually designated SR rather than the alkaline version the LR. More expensive but last longer. Perhaps check when you come to renew.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'm don't know too much about battery types, but after the key battery started to fail after 2 years or so, I put in a relatively expensive Duracell battery, and was rather peed off when it only lasted a few months! Put in some cheaper Tesco battery instead and its already lasted much longer!

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

MrGrumpy wrote: ↑Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:17 am I'm don't know too much about battery types, but after the key battery started to fail after 2 years or so, I put in a relatively expensive Duracell battery, and was rather peed off when it only lasted a few months! Put in some cheaper Tesco battery instead and its already lasted much longer!
I ended up getting Duracell as I couldnt find any others, I got 4 for Β£8 so will see how they go,

At least it is good for the time being...

I have a spare in the bike now too

Scootalli

Post by Scootalli »

R1K SU wrote: ↑Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:29 am What's the top speed on the 530?

It depends on rider weight and screen position.

I am quite heavy and have tested it with the screen fully up and it struggles to get over 100mph, it does get to 80 -90 pretty quick though

I would suggest if you are light and have the screen down and tuck in etc, you may be able to get it to max 110mph

I did think 100mph would be relatively easy so it is a little dissappointing top speed wise,

An X-Max 300 will do 90mph quite comfortably,

PS fuel does suffer as noted above.

I reckon it drops below 50mpg when going all out, maybe as low as 40-45mpg...

Im averaging around 60mpg (slightly less)

But on motorways it is a lot less.

Bearing in mind, my 1000cc touring motorbike will do 50-60mpg on the motorway, the TMax is worse than that!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

I find fuel consumption on M-ways/ dual carriageways quite reasonable up to 80 or so, but then increases exponentially after that!