26th November is Kymco Day

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: 26th November is Kymco Day

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:06 am I think the F9 looks quite fun, if entirely impractical!
Agreed. It could sell well in the 125 market, which is good. But for us lot on here, I'd say it's not what we want, sadly.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:00 am Yes, the 'Adventure's scooter - see
https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bike ... unced-2021

I find it deeply uninteresting! Why make it? Why base it on a utterly ordinary swinging engine scoot that probably can't handle a badly surfaced tarmac road let alone a muddy track! Oh - Adventure things are trendy, so we'll put some knobbly tyres on and call it a 'crossover'.....
My first scooter was a Typhoon 125 2-stroke - same concept, really. Just 20 years ago! It was good fun though, can't argue with that.

But this Downtown Knobbly (I'm going to call it that) is a disappointment.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Surely they have`nt included the bang your back bone off Unit swing nonsense, surely with an electic there`s no need for the variator etc so a proper swinging arm is easy.

About the best thing they would have going for them I`d of thought.

I still can`t believe they don`t just do a 300 ish CC proper rear end scooter yet, more and more with the same old set up keep coming out !!! ???

Oh well.

PS just looked in the video, your right Mr G the same old back end.

I`d like to update my mid 50`s back end, but surely scooter manufacturers can though.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oddly, one of Kymco's smaller scoots that they have announced actually appears to have a proper swing arm! Not that I understand Chinese, so I can't be sure....

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Quick write-up of the new Kymco models here, principally included because it includes something about the KRV - a 175cc scoot with proper bike like engine mounted chassis & swinging arm!
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/n ... odels-2021

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

roadster wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:22 am Electric F9 details are now out. Its a huge disappointment for those of us hoping for a BMW Evolution beater. Just another urban short range scooter very similar to KTM's. It might even be the same scooter. It seems so difficult for design innovators to accept that scooters are a practical everyday transport for the majority of owners who simply want range, speed, and luggage capacity. Style again triumphs over substance. True iconic design starts with boring practicality and ends with massive worldwide sales over many decades, yes the Honda step through!
Bit like my dear old Helix eh? No FI, Good old carb, pretty basic electrics, simples?

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70