Faco Twin Screen

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Faco Twin Screen

Post by smeghead »

I just ordered a Faco Twin Screen for the Vespa GTS. Interestingly it was cheaper to order via Amazon Germany than Amazon UK. Same screen, same supplier but different cost. The German site is in English too making the job nice and simple. Just thought, it’s worth knowing.

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Re: Faco Twin Screen

Post by Scootles »

Nice screen - I’ve got one on my HPE. Been in the loft since I sold my GTS 300. I think I got it from SIP - never occurred to me to use Amazon.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

I had one on my last GTS. I also got that from sip but it was cheaper via Amazon. I’m tighter than a ducks arse so I googled the buggery out of it until I found the cheapest on in the universe lol.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Is that the one that gives a just a little hand protection too smeg? Would be interested to see a piccy of yours when it's on the bike if you can. I'm intending to hit the road big time next year covid allowing. Might trade up to a bigger screen. I have the mid size genuine Vespa one. It's fine but sometimes a little more height might be good!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

That’s the one Data.
I’ll take a better photo when it’s on the new scooter, this is on my old one, although it’s a Christmas present from swmbo so it won’t be going on yet.
I loved the screen, you can tool around with it down then up full for a tour. It really keeps the wind off, and yes, it does keep some wind off the hands.

Scootles
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300

Post by Scootles »

The Faco Twin Screen I have is 550 mm wide, whereas the handlebars are 680mm wide (measured across the outboard ends of the hand grips.) I've actually been contemplating the Vespa medium screen at 680 mm wide, and around 350 mm high from top of headlamp. This was to get better wind protection for my hands, which is OK with Faco, but not brilliant. One of the benefits of the Faco is obviously the height adjustment. I've set it at 350 mm and it's ok for me at 5'10".
Undecided at present as Faco is ok Spring to Autumn and for most shortish Winter rides, and the Vespa medium will not look as good. Style is all ........

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Scootles wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:14 am The Faco Twin Screen I have is 550 mm wide, whereas the handlebars are 680mm wide (measured across the outboard ends of the hand grips.) I've actually been contemplating the Vespa medium screen at 680 mm wide, and around 350 mm high from top of headlamp. This was to get better wind protection for my hands, which is OK with Faco, but not brilliant. One of the benefits of the Faco is obviously the height adjustment. I've set it at 350 mm and it's ok for me at 5'10".
Undecided at present as Faco is ok Spring to Autumn and for most shortish Winter rides, and the Vespa medium will not look as good. Style is all ........
Style is crucial! I looked at alternatives but went with what I knew worked. The trouble with fixed height screens is they’re brilliant if you’re the right match, if not unhappy days. I was impressed with the build quality of the Faco too. As long as you tighten the screws lol