Tmax recall

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Tmax recall

Post by Stephen »

A letter on the mat when i got home,another recall for my Tmax,the following copied from my letter

“The front stop switch may fail,preventing activation of the cruise control and in the worst case scenario,cancellation of the cruise control and the stop light will remain on xp 560/530 only,will require the rear stop switch to be replaced “

Mentions the front stop switch ,thens says the rear stop switch needs to be changed,not being mechanically minded its a bit gobbledegook to me,so will obviously go to the dealer and get it explained to me

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tmax recall

Post by MrGrumpy »

That does sound like a google translation from Japanese! Not sure why the 'worst case scenario' is the cancellation of cruise control, though I guess leaving the brake light on is a bad idea.
I guess that its for DX models only - as mine is a base model with no cruise control then I guess I don't have to worry.

Actually, that's an interesting question - I'm in Covid Tier3 and the dealer is in Tier2, so its technically illegal for me to go there - would a safety recall count as an reasonable excuse to travel???

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yeah, I don't think you'll have issues for a safety recall. Especially if the bike is your only transport or the main transport. It needs to be done and is essential. Workshops can operate for anyone from any tier I believe. But, if you go to prison, don't blame me...lol.

I think the worst case scenario with the cruise cancelling could be quite nasty. That's a sudden power loss. Not nice if you have someone up your bottom at the time.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

I got this letter a few months ago, just found it in the drawer

Will get mine seen to when it goes in for the service this year,

I Havent used the cruise too much anyway

Betty
Current Ride: Tmax 530 DX

Post by Betty »

Just had the brake switch replaced Dealer had the scoot for 3 hrs had to remove a few panels,
didn't get a letter just got told after booking in for an MOT.
Looks like it's only bikes with Cruise Control.
Betty the Scoot

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I read somewhere else that there was a recall for 2015 onward Tmaxs for the sheave nut on the transmission, but I've never heard anything. It seemed odd, as the CVT on the mk5 (2015-6) models is somewhat different (I believe) to that on the mk6 2017+ models. I suspect the message got somewhat muddled in the transmission.....

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

"Muddled in the transmission"...that's an excellent pun Grumpy! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...