YAMAHA XMAX WINTER PACK

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
siete
Current Ride: 2006 XMAX 250

YAMAHA XMAX WINTER PACK

Post by siete »

Hi, I have ordered the Winter pack with my new XMAX 300, any recommendations? They offered the switch to the TUCANO (instead of the Yamaha apron) and to Oxford heating grips (instead of the Yamaha ones).

I believe that Tucano is pretty good (I had one since 2010) and I've read the Yamaha one it´s quite messy to put on and take out...

The Yamaha grips I've heard they're not warm enough. They say Oxford´s are much better. I like the Yamaha setup but would like to confirm they are warm enough for London's weather.

Any help is much appreciated

BTW, the winter pack comes with battery charger and battery indicator, anyone has it?

Many thanks

(I don't know how to delete the previous post, sorry)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: YAMAHA XMAX WINTER PACK

Post by MrGrumpy »

Well, one thing - Oxford grips are a third the price of Yamaha's!!!! Oxford grips work well - don't know about Yamaha's.
Tucano stuff is generally very good - they've been making aprons and muffs for Italians who feel the cold for years!!!

siete
Current Ride: 2006 XMAX 250

Re: YAMAHA XMAX WINTER PACK

Post by siete »

Thanks MrGrumpy

They will install either for the same price. I'd go for the Yamaha grips if they are warm enough, they look much better. I think that oxford's control box is simply too messy...

Same with the apron, they will install either for the same price. I'm thinking the Tucano since I´ve used it for many years in my 2006 XMAX and work very well. Haven't read any review from the Yamaha apron yet...