Zontes 310 scooter due early 2021

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: Zontes 310 scooter due early 2021

Post by Rocketman122 »

never heard of them. where manufactured?

those snub nose fronts...horrid. that long underside exhaust will need some protection. it looks like it will ding or crack with any sidewalk bump.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Zontes are a really good Chinese motorcycle manufacturer. It's a pretty big concern and started up in 2003. Unlike some Chinese manufacturers it's a stand alone independent manufacturer designing, building it's own bikes and engines. Has over 1,600 employees according to tinternet. I've seen up close several Zontes bikes and they are truly stunning in quality and materials used. Finish was Japanese/Korean standard with all the latest tech onboard.

They make some fantastic bikes and are getting rave reviews all over the world. I've read a few road tests on their bikes and all seemed really positive. There seems to be a few dealers around my way, they of course speak highly of them. I've been told about the scooter and it's not the Lexmoto engined bike or anything like it. It will have a bigger engine and I'm told will be a better bike in many ways with more power.

I think the days of disrespecting the Chinese motorcycle industry are over, or at the very least, time limited! Lol.

PS. socially distanced I saw my nephew on his 125 Sinnis Terrain a week ago. It is near 2 1/2 years old now and has over 22,000 trouble free miles on the clock. Used everyday and looks fantastic still with no rust or corrosion. The finish is really good on the bike and really no different to a Jap bike in my opinion. It uses no discernable amount of oil and he thrashes it all the time. He rode up from Bournemouth on it. He has the bigger top box, heated grips etc. Loves it and all for ££2549 otr when he bought it.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I’ve noticed a gradual increase in capacity of Chinese built bikes over the years. Personally I think they can compete to some extent with Japanese and Korean stuff. Sinnis and Zontes look well built, reliable machines.
This looks a bargain.
https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/sinnis-terrain-380/

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

smeghead wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:45 am I’ve noticed a gradual increase in capacity of Chinese built bikes over the years. Personally I think they can compete to some extent with Japanese and Korean stuff. Sinnis and Zontes look well built, reliable machines.
This looks a bargain.
https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/sinnis-terrain-380/
Coincidentally, I just came across a review of that in MCN. Some issues - they couldn't get more than 50mpg from a 300 engine and the valve clearances need checking every 4000 miles! Cycle parts described as only adequate.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

I wouldn't take anything MCM says about any bike particularly seriously. They are just a bunch of hoons with little actual knowledge of how to treat or ride a bike. Fuel economy is something few of them seem to understand, especially on a brand new bike with a tight engine. Many video road tests dispute what MCM says about the Sinnis bike, which is a twin cylinder bigger engined bike than the Zontes 312cc single cylinder engined bikes. Regarding checking the valve clearances, not sure what the recommendation for that is on the Sinnis but I do know it's a very easy process according to my local dealer.

Here's a very interesting video road test of the Zontes 312cc adventure bike. It looks fantastic and goes really well. Not seen a bad test on it yet. The basic model has been out for over 2 years now with no problems except the inital bikes had a ridiculously small batter fitted. They fixed that pretty quickly and now the new Euro5 bike in the link below is about perfect I'd say. Very good fuel economy even when it's brand new and ridden with gusto it was returning 75mpg. A more sensible owner who actually runs it in will get far better economy, especially if ridden in econo mode, not sport mode all the time like the road tester was doing.

Zontes 2020/2021 Euro5 T310 Adventure bike:

Great test, very detailed with lots of riding in the video. It's a bit long but very informative. The T310 Zontes has a 6 speed gearbox and develops almost as much power and torque as the Sinnis bike. Try and watch it right through.

Happy Xmas and a Happy New Year everyone. Hope to see a few of you in the "better" year ahead! ;)

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I completely agree about MCN Data. I gave up buying it years ago. They’re not interested in real world motorcycling only how much BHP, how fast and how mainstream they are. That is a proper review you’ve posted, very interesting and informative. icon_thumbs_up.gif icon_thumbs_up.gif

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Stibbs, yeah about MCN. Completely agree with your assessment too!

We should meet up sometime. I'm only in Nth Essex, and there's a small group of us in this area that ride together at times. We should come down and terrorise you next year sometime when convenient, and you can terrorise us back! :lol: Of course, all subject to us being allowed to do stuff next year. Although we may all be dead or zombies or something!! :o

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

the scooter has fallen out the ugly tree an hit every branch on the way down. but also watched the video on the Zontes 310X. now that's gorgeous .
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

I think that picture of the Zontes scooter is a bit out of proportion. But even so, I think it looks ok and I'll definitely look forward to reading a test on it. Probably will pop down to my local dealer for a look at one when it's safe to do so. I have seen the Lexmoto 300 maxi scooter too. In the flesh it too looks great and sounded a treat as it went past. I found it parked in our high street. I hung around to try to speak to the owner but ran out of time so left having given it just some admiring glances. The Zontes 300, as I mentioned earlier, is going to have more power from a slightly bigger motor so that is definitely of interest.

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Yes it will be of interest to me too, of course it will be price sensitive and I fully expect it to be more expensive than the lexmoto but if it gets too close to £4K, a nearly new mainstream brand will win every time. With the latest version of theirT310 adventure bike now at £4500 I'm sceptical