Silence Electric Scooters In UK

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Re: Silence Electric Scooters In UK

Post by Waldorf »

Understood; thank you.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:20 am Yes, that's impressive (assuming they are full face). So many elec scoots seem to have no space under the seat....or at least what there is is fully of battery!
That's a practical failure of mine: one battery under the floor and one under the seat. In fact, the scooter will run on one battery so one could take out the under-seat one.
However, Shad topboxes are the ones recommended by Niu, along with their own ones, and the rack available for the Niu is Shad-friendly.
I bought a 40 litre one which is more than adequate for my domestic needs since I won't be having to pack clothes and stuff even for an overnight trip.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

roadster wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 am The official importers are now established with UK stock of the S01.
https://www.silenceuk.com

Once restrictions allow I look forward to testing. The web site makes no outrageous performance claims but does make the case for the S01 being a very practical proposition. You would hope that this model has been in production for long enough for any issues to have been ironed out. The importers also give a professional impression so the warranty and AA cover do inspire some confidence in my opinion.
Pathetic advertising, who wants to see a bearded rider and only a glimpse of the bike they’re trying to sell? FOR MONEY TOO!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Jimo wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:54 am

Pathetic advertising, who wants to see a bearded rider and only a glimpse of the bike they’re trying to sell? FOR MONEY TOO!

Jim
Possibly a little unfair to a start up who are trying to be professional but may not have too much previous experience of the scooter market. If you really want more information I suggest you contact them, they seem to be a friendly bunch. One thing I suspect that we can agree on is that the UK scooter dealers in the UK are thin on the ground and many motorcycle dealers only regard them as a nuisance in their showrooms. New enterprises are as rare as hens teeth so perhaps we shouldn't be over critical at this stage.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Re: Silence Electric Scooters Test Ride

Post by roadster »

The folks at Silence UK were good enough to bring down an S01 demonstrator from their Midlands base today for me to try. I thought I would write down my impressions while fresh in my mind.
Its not a big machine but its not cramped either. Fitting a large full face helmet under the seat was easy enough and there was plenty of room left for the charging cable and other odds and ends. On the move the controls are very light and the twist grip extremely sensitive. Initial acceleration could be sharp and a little unpredictable. Being truly silent there is no feedback from the motor that lets you know how much drive you are going to get (or exactly when). So it takes a little while to get used to that. Brakes need to be good when there is no engine braking and these certainly are. Plenty of stopping power with only moderate lever pressure required. The general panel fit and build quality is very tidy and although it has the style of a consumer product that would be at home in your living room this may be no bad thing. Suspension was quite hard, or maybe the tyre pressures were a bit high, but handling was predictable once I got used to the quick steering and light weight.

If you are serious about going electric you should definitely consider asking Jack Bent at Silence UK for a demonstration/test ride. For myself the Kymco is about to be traded in and I am fairly sure that the S01 will be my next scooter when circumstances allow.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Good to know. Interesting...

And the guy who rode for the Daily Mirror likes it too. https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/moto ... d-23608154
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should