Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
johnakay
Benefactor

Re: Forza 750

Post by johnakay »

The Forza is better equipped - the NC-X hasn't even got a centrestand as standard. It may have changed now, but the NC-X only used to have a single front disk brake, whilst the Integra / Forza has twin disks. The NC-X screen is pretty minimal and seat rather hard (apparently). Plus very little wind protection on the X. You pays your money etc!
centre stand £200.
single disc is more than adequate for the bike.
scooter is much heavier 235 kgs where as the x 224 kgs thats nearly two stone extra.
in case you've not notice the NC is a bike not a scooter a different kettle fish bud.
what motorbike that the seat isn't hard,they're like wooden planks,to my experience in my case.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

The Honda heated grips finally arrived for the Forza,an expensive extra if i needed to pay for them,but all part of the deal as was installation,all integrated in to the main dash,5 heat settings,not really cold enough to test them on my journey home,i did call in for Brunch at the Super Sausage Towcester for one of their Super Hot Dogs,which aint for the faint hearted….

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

johnakay
Benefactor

Post by johnakay »

well I've gone and eaten my words. lol
gone and bought the Forza 750.
getting it in jan 2022.
so w'll see how things go.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I think you’ll enjoy it,you are correct about the underseat storage,it is small,my xl lid won’t fit under there,i do have a Honda top box,the screen,although appeared a tad noisy on the one i test rode,it seems ok to me on my machine,certainly no turbulence,seat is very comfortable,i have used my Air Hawk,just to see if it fits and stays on ok,it does,so will probably only use that on weekends away.
I guess the recall work would of been done,if you are getting a new one,possible wire gets pinched down by pillion footrest,also a ECU software rewrite,had the email about that today .

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Took the Honda in for the recall work today,the ecu rewrite was straightforward,but they found an issue with the wiring harness,but stupidly Honda wont let them have a spare in stock,so they have to order one,plus they are not allowed to release the bike to the customer as it is a safety recall,i had a loan bike,but generally they dont let customers keep loan bikes overnight,insurance issues apparently,but they have allowed me to keep it,the part is scheduled for delivery Saturday,hopefully it’s delivered early,so the job can be completed,as far as i am aware the workshop close at 1 o’clock on a Saturday,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

I have a 71 plate forza 750, recall wise do I contact the dealer if its needed?

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

charles1976 wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:19 am I have a 71 plate forza 750, recall wise do I contact the dealer if its needed?
That's what it says here - https://www.check-vehicle-recalls.servi ... 21/recalls
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Thanks dealer has confirmed a recall ecu stall software re write is due

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

charles1976
There is this one,but yours may of been made after the fault was found,mine went in Wednesday,it was inspected parts were needed,because its a safety recall if damage is found they wont release the bike to the customer,my parts are due in tomorrow,i really hope the parts are delivered early and the Forza is fixed,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Thanks Steve I received this from the dealer..

Good morning Charles,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

I’m happy to say that your bike does not require the wiring harness check.

Upon looking your VIN up though it is due for the new ECU software to prevent possible engine stalling.

Fortunately though this is a simple plug in update which typically takes less than an hour.