Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Re: Forza 750

Post by bikerdezzie »

Be the X adv for me, no more stretched out cruiser position as my coccyx is too painful so need a tall bike now or some other miracle of comfort.
Dezzie

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

blackmoon181 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:00 am as someone who has been commuting on the 300cc class of scoots for best part of a decade and having only recently embraced the honda NC750x this interests me. For my commute 80% at 70-75mph 13k a year , the small maxis need a bunch of maintenance which soon adds up. whilst the NC needs maintained aswell, it has been much less. i much prefer the weight of the small maxis in town riding though and miss the lack of weather protection. you get funny looks not being a powerranger if you want to nip out for lunch on the NC. unlike rome! all i've said though is head comments not heart! maybe its time to stop moaning and get that vespa gts hpe...
But what are the service intervals on these? The Forza 300 is 8000miles or annual. Granted, all the other scoots I've owned in the 250/300 class were 3000mile services and that was a real pain - both in money and in time off the road. But the Forza 300's interval is epic, especially since I took the pay up front option for the first 3 services when I bought scoot new 8-)
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Isn't the usual Honda schedule to usually have something like a Major service at 8k, plus Minor service (ie oil change) at 4k? 8000 miles between the services on the 300 is impressive, though I suspect that 95% of riders will need the annual service before they hit 8k miles, reducing the benefit somewhat!

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

True. I was expecting to be on 14k miles by now but I'm only at 8,200. Looks like this year I'll be getting it serviced on the annual schedule and not the mileage one. That's a first.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I think its a total misfire, and the Silverwing in 2001 was streets ahead for many reasons.

They would of been far better making a low seated, proper scooter with proper good suspension and comfort as well.

How are all the manuaftureres missing not tacking the biggest Achilies ( rear end ) heel of every scooter except the T max clones and even they ditch quite a few of the good things about a scooter to chase after the T max !!!

Moan over.

If Someone put out a proper 300 or 350 well handling comfortable scooter with decent proper suspension for say £5K-ish they would clean up.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

I think it looks swell - usd forks - modern swing arm - led lighting - tft sceen - decent brakes - braw maun braw

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

I think that the bike looks swell - i like the usd forks - led lighting - tft intuitive screen - decent brakes - braw maun braw - and of course the wonderful duel clutch transmission

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

I'm a big fan - but the chain is a bit of a deal-breaker. One of the reasons I chose the T-Max over the X-ADV last year was that I wanted a maintenance-free final drive for all-weather commuting. I'm resigned to dealing with chains on my motorcycles, and I understand the pros and cons of each type of drive technology. Give me a Forza 750 with its awesome DCT and a belt drive and we'll talk.

Nick

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

EvilRacer329 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:17 am I'm a big fan - but the chain is a bit of a deal-breaker. One of the reasons I chose the T-Max over the X-ADV last year was that I wanted a maintenance-free final drive for all-weather commuting. I'm resigned to dealing with chains on my motorcycles, and I understand the pros and cons of each type of drive technology. Give me a Forza 750 with its awesome DCT and a belt drive and we'll talk.
Yeah....a tricky point. Personally, I've become wary of final belt drives, with all the racket the mk4 Tmax one made, and I get some squeaks from the mk6, even though the belt is the new strengthened one after its recall. I've never had a bike with a chain, but I'm led to believe that if a decent auto oiler is fitted, this does away with most of the routine maintenance hassle of the chain, or is this being naive??? The other issue with the chain is how long they last - the answer to that seems to be like how long is a piece of string! Depends on use, maintenance, weather etc. I guess. In some ways an advantage of the Forza 750 is that there are no soppy rubber bands anywhere! No V-belt, no drive belt - just throw the chain & sprocket away every 12(?)000 miles for roughly the same cost as a Tmax V-belt.

As I said, I don't know, I've no experience. I used to think a chain would be a deal breaker, but I'm not so sure now. I'm not totally keen on the Forza for other reasons, principally the engine feel.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Well based on NC chain life we're talking 20k rather than 12k, though there's some chain slack adjustments and occasional clean & lube required.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)