Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Forza 750

Post by MrGrumpy »

People will be using Covid as an excuse for anything & everything for years to come....

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I am not convinced the boy(as he sounded young)knew what was going to happen,thats why i’ll give them another ring later the showroom will need to open fully at some stage,a lot of sales are done to bikers who pop in whilst out for a bimble,not just for new bikes but other gear as well....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Quite informative video on the Forza here.... (from Hungary in English!)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Another road test of the Forza...
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/r ... a-750-2021

Interesting that he only seems to have got 57mpg, with a range (presumably to reserve) of 140 miles, though his calculations are basically guesswork. Used Sport mode all the time though, as I would, and in cold weather, so barely better than the Tmax!
I'm getting the impression that whilst previous models have various gearbox modes, the new ones have 'whole bike' modes, with differences in engine power delivery, traction control, ABS and gear changing strategies, which may explain the apparent absence of the 3 former gearbox Sport modes.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I find that hard to believe he got as low as 57mpg, I have tried and the lowest i can get is in the 70's on my NC750x, I doubt converting it to a scooter and the new engine modes would bring it down that much.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Funkycowie wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:29 pm I find that hard to believe he got as low as 57mpg, I have tried and the lowest i can get is in the 70's on my NC750x, I doubt converting it to a scooter and the new engine modes would bring it down that much.
I'll have to buy one and see - if anyone can get fuel consumption figures below 60mpg, it's me!!!! I don't think his figure was calculated accurately...

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:01 pm People will be using Covid as an excuse for anything & everything for years to come....
Well first it was health and safety,

Then it is covid,

Next it will be climate change :)

Scootalli
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by Scootalli »

Funkycowie wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:34 am My thoughts:

- I love how it looks, it looks easy to wrap :)
- The engines torque rather than high rev is some thing I love about the 750 engine, its so economical and easy. Is 54/57hp weak when the engine has a bucket load of torque to build spead fast but won't do more than a ton? Do you do more than a ton??? Whats the big deal there? If you want a load of revs get a sports bike.
- Do I like the chain? It's ok, I thought I would grow to dislike a chain but it is truely ok. Yeh it can get covered in crap and you have to clean/adjust it occasionally and oil it but compared to having to strip down half the bike (Tmax 500 MK3) to get to the belt only to find it's still ok, then a few of minutes every so often is NOT a big deal.
- The screen not being adjustable... how many scooters have adjustable screens? how many bikes have adjustable screens? Sounds like a first world issue, you'll only adjust it once, just swap out the OEM one for one that suits. It's not a big deal.
- Exposed Fork tubes, now that, that I agree with on USD Forks, it really does need some kind of protection which would be easily achieved.
The 750 engine is good, it isnt exciting though, but as you say the X ADV is fast enough for road use and faster than a tmax,

The chain isnt such a big issue as you can just refuse to acknowledge it and let them oil it when it gets serviced.

The adjustable screen is a great boon on bikes like the TMax though (electric), yes the X adv can be adjusted when stopped, but I was forever going down the road and thinking, nuts, I forgot to change it before setting off and then contemplating stopping to change it and whether it was worth stopping to change it.

X Adv has a faster top speed than the xmax,

Xmax has more storage

X ADV is quite wide compared to TMax and others.

Having had both, I would go for the XADV/Forza 750 over the TMax if I was spending a lot of time on dual carriageways/motorways,

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I see a 750 Forza in the flesh today,i was on a Bimble with Poldark from this forum and another one of the Saturday breakfast crew,we pulled in to Grafton Honda in Milton Keynes,they have a demo one in gloss black,i asked if i could sit on it,which was ok,i must admit it does look nice,a sportier appearance than the Tmax,i could easily flat foot both feet,when in the feet forward position,it was ok,but not as wide as the tmax,the outside of my boots were sticking out quite a bit and i could feel the top part of my feet(laces)touch the scooter,so that panel could suffer from wear over time.I know i only sat on it,but the seat did feel comfortable,its still a puzzle to me why it doesn’t have electric screen and the 350 does,the centre stand appeared to be covered in oil already and the bike is only two weeks on the demo fleet,not enough room under the seat for my XL Nolan N44,Honda heated grips are a fortune and the top box is dear as well,after market stuff i know is available ,its supposed to look good in the red colour,a new tmax may still win the day🤓,my ADV is in for a service Wednesday at Wheels Peterborough,just booked a test ride on their demo Forza,wanted to test ride the new ADV as well,but they haven’t got a demo model yet....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

The centrestand was covered in oil??? It may look nice in Red, but we only get the blue and black versions I think....
Intrigued by the foot sticking out in the breeze bit - those footboards look huge, and very much an afterthought. There again, the Tmax mk6/7 is disappointing in this regard as well - whilst on older models, there was plenty of room to get your legs behind the fairing, on the recent models, the engine cover seems to have widened, and the footboards are just too narrow, leaving your trousers flapping in the breeze. Great on a hot summer day, bad on a cold winter's day! There are apparently accessory hand & leg wind deflectors available for the Forza. I remember from my test ride of the original X-ADV that the riding/ foot position felt entirely natural (if rather elevated!!!), even though I'm use to the rather more feet forward Tmax. Testers seem to find the Forza 750 screen OK, despite being non-adjustable. I'd probably put one of those windscreen deflectors on - they are cheap and always seem to help.
If the underseat space didn't take my M Arai, then that would be a complete deal breaker! I haven't seen Honda accessory prices, but they are normally outrageous (as are most manufacturers). However, the Honda topbox is big (50L), and it operates with the Smart Key system, which I assume is a good idea!
I will have to look at one more seriously soon, now that the Tmax's reliability issues have pissed me off, and I have no local Yamaha dealer anymore. There again, I don't have a very good relationship with the local Honda dealer!