Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Forza 750

Post by MrGrumpy »

A very, very, very detailed description & ride of the Forza....

A bit slow to watch, but quite a lot of useful detail in there. My impression from when he rides it is that Honda seem to have improved the feel of the engine & transmission compared to the X-ADV that I rode. That was (to me) painfully slow and stodgy in D mode, whilst this seems much more pleasant. And seems wildly rapid in S mode! I presume they've made the DCT shifting strategy a bit more adventurous, and it has a couple more bhp. The gear changes seem extremely subtle on this - on the X-ADV, the changes were very quick, but you noticed them - on this they seem barely noticeable.
Self cancelling indicators if desired, and a rather curious combined Kill switch and Starter button!

And the main conclusion is - Yes, it looks fab in Red!!!

Jordz_92
Current Ride: Yamaha tmax 530

Post by Jordz_92 »

I can not fault this bike! may look ugly in person but oh man it does have some wicked features, i work in a dealership my self and i have responsibility of running the machine in.. i currently ride a Yamaha TMAX 530 my daily bike and i would easily choose this over the tmax any day

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Love one but try getting a test ride...

maxsymiser
Current Ride: Honda X-ADV750

Post by maxsymiser »

charles1976 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:18 am Love one but try getting a test ride...
Graigs Shipley have Forza 750 and 350 demo scooters

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Thanks perfect...I'd love a 750 but they'll have to so a better price than 10k

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I took the Forza 750 out for a test ride....the upgraded DCT is good as is the engine,4 modes on the new DCT,standard,,Sport,Rain, User which wasn’t configured for any particular user as it was the demo bike,Standard would be good enough for what i want,i found the engine stayed in the gears far to long for my liking when in sports mode(i currently use sports 1 on my ADV which is perfect for me)the Forza only had 99 miles on the clock,it purred along the A1(M) nicely,then i went in to the countryside,,again it handled the roads very well,so nothing wrong with the engine and gear box really,i found I couldn’t get my feet comfortable in the standard position or feet forward position,i did have a big pair of size 11 Harley riding boots on though,the mirrors are good,the seat is comfortable,the screen i found to be very noisy and a bit of buffeting,why didn’t Honda put an electric screen on it,they have one on the 350 version,perhaps a laminar lip would help,it did on my pre 2013 Burgmans,got no chance of getting my XL Nolan n44 skid lid under the seat,you would need to have a medium size head or less to get a full face under the seat,open face helmet would obviously fit easier,the Honda heated grips are £300,are they intergrated in to the system and can be operated via the dash computer or will there be a button separate on the handlebar somewhere in which case aftermarket ones at half the price will do,i also found the ride a bit hard,can that suspension be adjusted,its my guess when Honda do a revamp of the Forza 750 in 18-24 months time,electric screen and possibly cruise control might be added,i may well get myself another test ride,but at the moment i leaning towards replacing my existing Tmax with a new Tmax 560.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Interesting! My impression from one of the videos I posted was that Honda had improved the rider experience in Drive mode. When I test rode the X-ADV a couple of years ago, I couldn't stand Drive mode, as it held the revs so low and was reluctant to change down. Of course, now it seems we don't have DCT modes, but whole-scooter modes, with differing engine, transmission, traction control and engine braking strategies. It seems that these can be individually set in the User mode....which makes me wonder how much engine braking you'd like to dial in! More if you live in a hilly area I guess.
Disappointing that you found the screen to be poor - the reviews have found it OK. As you suggest, some sort of Deflector like a Lip will probably help. As I've said before, not being able to fit my Arai M helmet under the seat would be a real deal breaker! I might tolerate a scoot with a chain, but not a scoot with a chain and no storage!
I avoided the Yamaha accessory heated grips specifically because they are tied into the Menu system - instead of reaching for a switch if your hands are getting cold, the Tmax requires you to enter the Menu system, scroll down to Heated Grips, select them, select the heat amount and select return, which is plain suicidal if attempted on the move! So I guess I'd avoid Honda ones if they are like that, and of course, they are wildly over priced.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

I will give the Forza another bash,it is a good performer just hasn’t got the little luxuries i want and like......i was out on the Tmax today covered about 100 miles and it was a joy to ride,feet forward is so comfortable for me,heated grips and seat on for a while,just to take the chill off at the start of my ride,screen up on the fast “A” roads and screen down on other roads,enough room under the seat to put a few bottles of beer when we stopped at a little brewery,alongside side all the normal shite i have stashed under there....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, well I love riding Tmaxs, but the poor reliability and iffy component design of recent models is making me seriously consider something different. I'm not that bothered about the luxury bits and hi-tech toys, as long as its fun to ride and practical enough for my needs. I'd consider a Kymco AK550 if there was a dealer within a 100 miles... I do have a Honda dealer in my town, though they are pretty crap. Some of the guys there are helpful, others simply ignore you!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Stephen wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:54 am the screen i found to be very noisy and a bit of buffeting,why didn’t Honda put an electric screen on it
btw Givi already do THREE accessory screens for it:
1) A taller one https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle/pr ... ls/d1186st
and 2) one only slightly higher than the original: https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle/pr ... als/d1186s
And 3) an Airflow screen: https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle/pr ... als/af1186

No idea how much. All appear to give better wind protection for the hands, which look totally exposed by the standard screen.

Plus they do a rear hugger, and racks for Monolock/Monokey topboxes.