Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Forza 750

Post by MrGrumpy »

poldark wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:09 pm Well based on NC chain life we're talking 20k rather than 12k, though there's some chain slack adjustments and occasional clean & lube required.
Well, there you are. Instead of pissing around with changing V-belts every 12k miles on the Tmax, I'd only have to change the chain on a Forza every 20k, which for me would be every 4 or 5 years! I might never get that far before I sold it for the next scoot anyway!
In theory, an auto-oiler would take care of most the lubing, which only leaves adjustments (I have a garage for that!), but cleaning sounds messy and hard work for a lazy wotsit like me!

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Take an old dishcloth add a splash of diesel, then hold it around the lower run of chain and rotate rear wheel with your other hand (assuming you had the sense to get the optional centre stand!!)

Do this once every couple of months and you'll likely have to adjust it once a year.

I don't do enough miles that a snotoiler makes sense, they seem to often spray too much oil everywhere else but on the chain. A spray for 30 secs with a chainwax after you get back from a ride and the chain is still warm every couple of weeks is plenty.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

poldark wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:02 pm Take an old dishcloth add a splash of diesel, then hold it around the lower run of chain and rotate rear wheel with your other hand (assuming you had the sense to get the optional centre stand!!)

Do this once every couple of months and you'll likely have to adjust it once a year.

I don't do enough miles that a snotoiler makes sense, they seem to often spray too much oil everywhere else but on the chain. A spray for 30 secs with a chainwax after you get back from a ride and the chain is still warm every couple of weeks is plenty.
Chainsaw oil is another long term chain lube favourite. Cheap, easy to apply with a paintbrush and excess wiped off with a cloth.

With a modern chain you'd likely only be adjusting it when the rear tyre is changed.

8-)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

poldark wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:02 pm Take an old dishcloth add a splash of diesel, then hold it around the lower run of chain and rotate rear wheel with your other hand (assuming you had the sense to get the optional centre stand!!)
I should have said that apart from being very lazy, I don't like getting my hands dirty! And none of my vehicles require diesel....

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:15 am
I should have said that apart from being very lazy, I don't like getting my hands dirty! And none of my vehicles require diesel....
Well some swear by WD40 but that's a whole new can of worms.

I have a 2ltr can of chainaaw oil in the garage in Brittany, but apart from being blue (which looks so wrong) I sold my only chain driven French bike and now only have two maxis over there. But I do now have a chainsaw and that 2L can will definitely see me out!!
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

The X ADV is due a service & mot very soon,so hopefully Wheels in Peterborough will have demo i can go out and play with while they service the adv,surprised it doesn’t have an electric screen and the feet forward position looks a bit clumsy,although i not over keen on a chain drive,if a test ride proved to please me,i could have another chain drive,the Tmax will take some beating though

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Veering slightly off topic, Visordown video review of new X-ADV.

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I have read a couple of reviews on the revamped ADV,unsure how many they have sold over here,i have only seen a couple,but clearly they must be selling otherwise they would’nt of spent money on a revamp,i have enjoyed mine,the DCT & different riding modes are great,storage lets it down a bit,the new version has some nice upgrades,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, but I think the Forza 750 has exactly the same mechanical bits and electronic gizmos as the X-ADV. The only reall difference I can see is that the X-ADV has wire wheels, semi-trail tyres, and an exhaust that sticks up at an entirely ridiculous angle! One query though - the old X-ADV had Drive, Manual and 3 Sport modes - on the tests & write ups I've seen, the journos only refer to 'Sport' mode. Is there now only one, or is it that the Journos haven't noticed? I seem to recall on my X-ADV testride that it wasn't especially obvious that there were multiple sport modes or how to change between them. I just left it in Sport2....

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

Yep....i think your correct there,probably a bit better weather protection on the Forza,may need a laminar lip or similar on the Forza screen i am pretty sure its fixed,the ADV has five positions,which can only be adjusted manually

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright