Forza 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Re: Forza 750

Post by richie the 1st »

look up mr. fish on you-tube he has just had a ride on one.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Yeah he rates it highly I'd love one absolutely perfect apart from the massive price

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Didn't find MrFish's video that helpful personally. He said a lot of things about how good is was, but he's obviously comparing it to the Silverwing he used to own, which wasn't the last word in handling precision! Everything he said about the Forza I could say about the Tmax....what would be useful (for me anyway) would be someone doing a Tmax - Forza 750 comparison video.

One thing about his videos really winds me up... I wish he'd keep his left hand on the handlebar when talking rather than waving it around all the time! He might need it to brake suddenly!

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Agreed

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:08 am what would be useful (for me anyway) would be someone doing a Tmax - Forza 750 comparison video.
There is one out there on YouTube,trouble is I can’t understand a word they’re saying....an English version would be great
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

lenny

Post by lenny »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:08 am Didn't find MrFish's video that helpful personally. He said a lot of things about how good is was, but he's obviously comparing it to the Silverwing he used to own, which wasn't the last word in handling precision! Everything he said about the Forza I could say about the Tmax....what would be useful (for me anyway) would be someone doing a Tmax - Forza 750 comparison video.

One thing about his videos really winds me up... I wish he'd keep his left hand on the handlebar when talking rather than waving it around all the time! He might need it to brake suddenly!
I'd liked to see it the other modes other than Sport, it is supposed to be a review of the bike. As it is described as a Scooter, I've not seen any reviews showing a 'scooter way' of getting on it, I've tried the Xadv, similar tunnel height, that's why I've decided against it. Now a new owner of the Forza 350. :D

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

In my brief experience of the X-ADV, Drive mode was very very very miserable! I'd never ride it in that mode! The X-ADV had 3 sport modes - like other reviewers, MrFish makes on reference to anything but 'Sport Mode'. I'm not sure whether this is because there is now only 1 sport mode, or the reviewers never find how to swap between them - I recall it wasn't obvious how to do this.

As for tunnel heights, yes high ones are annoying. Even the latest Tmax has a rather higher height than old ones. Its low enough to 'step-thru' - just, but you have a tendency to scrape your feet on the plastic.

lenny

Post by lenny »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:16 am In my brief experience of the X-ADV, Drive mode was very very very miserable! I'd never ride it in that mode! The X-ADV had 3 sport modes - like other reviewers, MrFish makes on reference to anything but 'Sport Mode'. I'm not sure whether this is because there is now only 1 sport mode, or the reviewers never find how to swap between them - I recall it wasn't obvious how to do this.

As for tunnel heights, yes high ones are annoying. Even the latest Tmax has a rather higher height than old ones. Its low enough to 'step-thru' - just, but you have a tendency to scrape your feet on the plastic.
I've owned a Crosstourer and a NC750s both dct and rode almost always in drive mode, it just suited my riding style. Everyone's different :D

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

My thoughts:

- I love how it looks, it looks easy to wrap :)
- The engines torque rather than high rev is some thing I love about the 750 engine, its so economical and easy. Is 54/57hp weak when the engine has a bucket load of torque to build spead fast but won't do more than a ton? Do you do more than a ton??? Whats the big deal there? If you want a load of revs get a sports bike.
- Do I like the chain? It's ok, I thought I would grow to dislike a chain but it is truely ok. Yeh it can get covered in crap and you have to clean/adjust it occasionally and oil it but compared to having to strip down half the bike (Tmax 500 MK3) to get to the belt only to find it's still ok, then a few of minutes every so often is NOT a big deal.
- The screen not being adjustable... how many scooters have adjustable screens? how many bikes have adjustable screens? Sounds like a first world issue, you'll only adjust it once, just swap out the OEM one for one that suits. It's not a big deal.
- Exposed Fork tubes, now that, that I agree with on USD Forks, it really does need some kind of protection which would be easily achieved.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

I have booked the ADV in for a service,28th April,last one in my 3 year service when i purchased the bike,i asked if i could do a couple of test rides and was told no as Covid restrictions will still be in place,i thought restrictions were being lifted for shops being open from 12th April.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"