Maybe not such a bargain

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Maybe not such a bargain

Post by Gav »

I finallly got my Gilera down to Ferry Motors,this morning,the rear tyre was low on air and made getting out of the conservatory even more taxing(to my ongoing health issues, my compressor wasnt getting any air in and the front forks leaking so I left it with them .The ride I had been looking forward to since I picked it up from Kent, by van) in Novemeber was a bit iffy,not sure whether it or I was incontrol.

so with wiggle room enough me thinks,from what I bought it for hopefully,it will prove a good buy still ,made near perfect,I still look forward to having a real good ride on it but I;m modding this post, copied and pasted from the Piggio X9 site, as I just heard for some reason a new disc/calipers was only fitted to the right side and the left one is in to quote Scott at Ferry Motors in a a shocking state, all pitted and needing nuts welding onto to get the bolts out, quote for it all in,fork seals labour MOTd and still not knowing whether the tyre just went flat sitting in my Conservatory or maybe probably if it is punctured via my garden when putting it outside to run it up,s now £300+parts labour to follow to be fair tyre wise it had seemed allright,when collected, but my looking forward to riding it, was tempered by its wayward handling, so I just used the interlinked left lever as I was going so slow anyway.

Sadly my ongoing enthusiasm has wained because sharing undercover locked in with my Ape Mille, has been in the way.To load the Dryer for instance it has had to be moved( same as after selling my Cagiva Raptor the buyer made excuses for it not being picked up( he had paid me, well in 3 parts) but I actualy found that easier to manouvre, the Gilera looks a whole lot lighter than the Atlantic that was nicked, and OK I left that ouside, however this one I wouldnt want to do that, so currently thinking in terms of reselling when completely Road legal again.
Folk can say oh he only bought it to make a bob or two well so what on the other hand I might just be so pleased with her that another hole in the proverbial wallet will drift away into the ether.
:arrow: :arrow:
icon_power-ranger.gif

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Maybe not such a bargain

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yeah - tyres & brakes! Always a hassle on Maxis, especially in the winter. It makes me laugh when ads for electric scoots say 'cheap servicing - only tyres & brakes to do', when I have more hassle with those than anything else! Petrol engines are easy - just replace the oil, filters and spark plugs every so often and they'll run for ever.
Still, they are the sort of problems that can be fixed by throwing money at them....

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Hello Gav, sorry to hear the Atlantic got stolen. We met a while ago on Mottzas Pie & Mash run to Walton. Yeah, tyres and brakes tend to be expensive on bikes especially scoots. But hey ho, that's life. Glad to hear you are ticking along ok. Hopefully, when things normalise a bit more we can gather up some of the guys and go Pie & Mashing again! Take care mate!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

Data wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:50 am Hello Gav, sorry to hear the Atlantic got stolen. We met a while ago on Mottzas Pie & Mash run to Walton. Yeah, tyres and brakes tend to be expensive on bikes especially scoots. But hey ho, that's life. Glad to hear you are ticking along ok. Hopefully, when things normalise a bit more we can gather up some of the guys and go Pie & Mashing again! Take care mate!

Pie and Mashing. That sounds like a sport I could be competitive in.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Yeah, but you need to be very very fit to undertake this sport! Would suggest you get plenty of practice beforehand. Many fall by the wayside due to poor preparation, drowning in a sea of mash and liquor unable to shovel enough pies down their throats!! Don't forget, we do this not for ourselves, but the nation! :lol:

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Not the greatest selection of photos but this was probably my first Pie'n'Mash rideout, nigh on 10 years back, may wet your appetite (or not)!!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjvaFGVt
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Blimey my Leonardo... We will be pie and mashing again some time. After a 2 year hiatus.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

And parked next to my old gilera runner vxr 200 .

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:13 am Blimey my Leonardo... We will be pie and mashing again some time. After a 2 year hiatus.
Excellent! And for anyone with a hiatus, there's an operation for that. Oh wait!...that's a hernia!!lol.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

poldark wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:34 pm Not the greatest selection of photos but this was probably my first Pie'n'Mash rideout, nigh on 10 years back, may wet your appetite (or not)!!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjvaFGVt
Nice photos of happier times!