Maybe not such a bargain

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Re: Maybe not such a bargain

Post by Gav »

Hi guys and thanks , after owning a 2000 Watt Evader, and a Honda Melody I saw in Ardleigh turned out his Mum rode it till she was 84 so technically having avoided scooters for years it was my first. The Evader which only had 3 of 4 batteries, of 12V eachv and would achieve around 15 of the 35 MPH claimed, also to be a prototype for evaluation in England,it was OK for riding from the Hilltop in Lawford Dale to the main town and then loaded with shopping walk it back up the footpaths on the throttle,

However as my first Mondeo might have been due to show its age and parking restrictions limited to the one car,I bought my first Maxi Scooter a 125 I just assumed the small wheels made it feel a tad skittish-however I took it to Brian at MOT a bike, and he said he had never seen a rear tyre like it-

I bought it off a Captain in the Army based in Rendlesham Forrest and sold the Melody to a colleague of his, can only assume the rubber was abused on the runway therein.
I brought it back home to try and get a matching Avon to the front, however Manningtree tyres were unable to procure one that size.
Rang Brian and he said he had some Eastern European tyres on his Scoot,they were fine if I wasnt planning too many high speed outtings, 65 was about its lot with me aboard, so trailered the Ape back there and got her re Motd, after getting it off the trailer went for a ride, no more skittishness no tramlining, after the two matching new tyres he had fitted, The tyres were fine 9 years on when I sold it.

I figure that the Gilera even with the amount forked out since I bought the machine,is still well within what one might see a half way decent one for, they rarely come up, never mind a super nice one, which mine should be on return, they had done all the work last week but the idea was /is to drop it off and take my Aprilia Mille back for a test. The iced over back roads including this one are only just thawing, so thats fine with me.

It should hopefully be well worth the wait too when it can be ridden properly .

I sure remember you guys from that eventfull Pie and Mash run, albeit I opted for Fish and Chips , it was fun and nice to show you around our Historical Harwich Fort. Enjoyed your pics too.Image]
icon_power-ranger.gif

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Gav, is that big picture of the Atlantic taken at the Bentley bike gathering? And yes the Fort was very interesting to wander around. Enjoyed it thanks!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Gav
Current Ride: 2005 Gilera Nexus

Post by Gav »

Yes indeed I hope they can restart the meets there too v soon
icon_power-ranger.gif

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

poldark wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:34 pm Not the greatest selection of photos but this was probably my first Pie'n'Mash rideout, nigh on 10 years back, may wet your appetite (or not)!!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjvaFGVt
Blimey! I'm on that on my W800, and my Son on his CB500! 8-)

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

mottza wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:13 am Blimey my Leonardo... We will be pie and mashing again some time. After a 2 year hiatus.
and that was me in the red/black jacket which i have and still use it,and sitting next to the cap. :kiss:
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

DTO
Current Ride: X-max 300

Post by DTO »

Data wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:21 am
poldark wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:34 pm Not the greatest selection of photos but this was probably my first Pie'n'Mash rideout, nigh on 10 years back, may wet your appetite (or not)!!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjvaFGVt
Nice photos of happier times!
Was you on this ride out ? I’m in a few of the pictures :oops:

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Not that one unfortunately. But managed it on other times.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...