Peugeot UK 2021

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Peugeot UK 2021

Post by StephenC »

Was awake in the early hours not able to sleep, so I looked at whether Peugeot still sells scooters after 3X went bust last year.

Turns out they do, with the importer seemingly based at the industrial estate next to Highams Park rail station in London E4.

You can buy completely online as well.

Unfortunately they still only offer 50, 125 or the Metropolis. But if you're interested they have 3 red unregistered ones at £6999, that's well over a grand off.

The 125 range includes the Pulsion though, which is bang up to date, full of tech and made in France, not the Far East (for those who care).

Fingers crossed they may eventually offer a Satelis replacement one day .
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Peugeot UK 2021

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I had a look on their website for the Pulsion - which is a nice looking scoot - but that price tag of £4,649 is too much.
I can only surmise that this price is the 'ceiling' and that sellers are then free to charge what they want under that. Or, perhaps their market is new riders, that have no idea of the prices of the likes of the PCX or NMax. I don't know.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I forget who owns Peugeot Scooters these days - its either an Indian or Chinese firm! I'd have thought that they would want to exploit the relatively big name of Peugeot in scooters by selling the bigger more prestigious models - after all, the smaller scoot market is going to get more and more crowded with cheap Chinese scoots of increasing quality, not to mention increasing numbers of elec scoots. The old Satelis and CityStar models looked quite good, if never exactly what I was looking for at the time.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Peugeot: one of the few scooter brands that could not have been made worse by being farmed out to China PLC. As well avoided now as ever.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Jaz wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm Peugeot: one of the few scooter brands that could not have been made worse by being farmed out to China PLC. As well avoided now as ever.
Really? China as well as those fekin silly advertised prices?

It's no wonder Peugeot isn't on my radar, ever, unless they are brought to my attention here.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Peugeot scooters have a reputation for being extremely good both in quality and design. I've had extensive experience with servicing Peugeot bikes many years ago and more recently the 400cc maxi scooter. Nothing wrong with them. The 400 Metropolis is a superb bike as is it's two wheeled counterpart. The 400cc motor was, and probably still is the most powerful 400 on the market and very reliable. I have a dealer next door to me in my home town. However, dealer network could be better in the UK. As I understand it from owners of both the bigger and smaller bikes, spares are readily available and the bike don't seem to give any trouble. Bike magazines don't have any thing bad to say about the bikes and praise their thoughful designs and robustness. China getting involved has to be a good thing. There will be plenty of investment and we will no doubt see a massive improvement in dealer network and sales, to say nothing of further design improvements to the bikes themselves and new models. If Jaz can get over his prejudice towards Chinese bikes he might like to try one and be amazed!... :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

I certainly miss the thoughtful design of both the Elystar (I had 2) and the Satelis (I had 3). I think I ran them for well over 100k miles in all.

By thoughtful, I mean things like being early adopters of ABS, decent lights, excellent security (Boa Lock in the Ely and then the integral ABUS in the Sat), the Sat's pull-out seat cover, a 12V outlet that could power a tyre inflator, that nice little cubby on the handlebars (Sat), really good mirrors, and the way the Elystar would fill your handlebar covers with warm air. And looking like a grown-up machine and not trying to be "sporty".

A two-wheeled Metropolis would suit me just fine.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, Peugeot had some interesting ideas, like the integrated Boa lock on many scoots. They also had that weird looking Ludix thing - am I right thinking that you could swap bits of it to customise it??? I got the impression that the rate of innovation slowed in recent years, with them buying in Piaggio mechanicals, and whilst they did do maxi 3-wheelers, they never really did a Tmax competitor, which given the popularity of the Tmax in France strikes me as, shall we say, a 'faux-pas'....

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 am Yes, Peugeot had some interesting ideas, like the integrated Boa lock on many scoots. They also had that weird looking Ludix thing - am I right thinking that you could swap bits of it to customise it??? I got the impression that the rate of innovation slowed in recent years, with them buying in Piaggio mechanicals, and whilst they did do maxi 3-wheelers, they never really did a Tmax competitor, which given the popularity of the Tmax in France strikes me as, shall we say, a 'faux-pas'....
Yes, prototypes of the Satelis had Honda's 600 (and it shows up on insurance databases!) but they did a deal with Piaggio instead - probably made more sense at the time. I think the Elystar had Honda engines.

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Mahindra have owned 51% of Peugeot Scooters for several years and in 2019 they apparently purchased the remaining 49%, promising to continue production in France and eventually also in India.
Interestingly they also bought the rights to both BSA and Jawa, about £ 31 million in bsa''s case with a plan to launch a decent range for both marques within 2 years. I'm not holding my breath!