Piaggio Beverley 350 anyone?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: Piaggio Beverley 350 anyone?

Post by Bingo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:47 pm Surprised you found the SH300 gutless - as I've said I thought it was utterly mental. I've mad memorys of cruising along the outside lane of 3 lane dual carriageways at wildly illegal speeds leaving bikers terrified in my wake! The Bev was quite similar, though possibly the gearing on the Bev was a bit lower so it accelerated around town a bit faster, but wasn't as insane on dual carriageways as the SH. The SH was very small so very limited frontal area cutting down drag (and limited weather protection for the rider!), and lighter.
Its always a slight worry if a bike/scoot has been sitting around for years - the fuel system could get gunged up if the petrol goes off, which it will have. I guess there are some sort of petrol treatments for this, though.
Trouble is I had nothing to compare the SH300 to apart from my bikes of old (motorbikes) and its the only one I tried. Maybe I got a duff one I dont know. Im getting on for 18 stone though and the mrs is about 8 stone so 26 combined. Its quite a lot of weight. The Silverwing we tried just went and kept going and had a lot of punch but as I said it was a bit of a heavy beast and my wife did not like the Pillion. I would be disappointed if the Bev did not turn out to be a bit sportier and quicker than the SH 300 I tried.

Regarding the one with 93 miles, maybe it would require the entire fuel system to be serviced if its had the same petrol in it for three and a half years, then it would need running in and servicing again at 600 miles. I just want to jump on something and zoom off without all that hassle I think.

I guess its a compromise. Most of these single cylinder scoots around the 400cc including the Bev are going to be similar in power and performance (I think) so its a case of spending £3-4k on a good one thats not too old or spending double that for a good T Max. I dont think there are any other choices.

blackmoon181
Current Ride: SH300i + NC750x

Post by blackmoon181 »

i'm probably in a good position to comment as a went from a Bev 350 to a 2011 sh300 which i currently still ride. the bev did feel faster and has probably around 10mph more top end but not massively more so. in my experience the bev is the more refined. I think the newer sh's are less vibey though. Depends on the type of riding you are doing. Around the city, i prefer the narrowness of the sh, and in 2011 trim the rear body work comes off in once piece. hell you can do the valves just by removing 2 screws and removing one plastic panel. brakes are much better on the sh too. if most of my riding was motorway, fast a-roads the bev would be more suited of the two. TBH i went for the SH instead of another bev as i had some niggling issues. doing 12-13k a year on these bikes really costs in terms of maintenance. I actually commute most of the time in an NCX750 now. If i recall, the bevs of that year before the euro 4 emissions tune probably made 7 more hp. I

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

Hi Bingo

I've sent you a PM about my Beverly 350, which I'm about about to put up for sale. Not sure if it actually went though, so if you got nothing, let me know.

All the best,
Scootabout

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

not had a beverly but have had two X9 250's an a X10 350. great scooters. the X10 was awesome lots of go in it , plenty of storage an very comfy front an back. the X9 was not as comfy an lacking in the storage under seat. but not bad to ride. two thing's i don't like about piaggio is big KPH speedo and tiny MPH. an the exhaust rust , the paint is not very thick an you have to keep re-doing it , or it dissolves .lol
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

There's a 400cc Beverly out soon with 35bhp it'll go like stink but it's 6 grand

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

charles1976 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:22 pm There's a 400cc Beverly out soon with 35bhp it'll go like stink but it's 6 grand
I just looked this up. If Piaggio could shoehorn that engine into a Vespa GTS that would be bloody fast.