How long?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
blackmoon181
Current Ride: SH300i + NC750x

Re: How long?

Post by blackmoon181 »

had no issues with special order parts that came from italy 5 years ago when i ran my Bev. However much of italy's manufacturing arm shuts down tail end of July/August so special order items can be delayed if you catch it at the wrong time.

I'm surprised its taken this long however unsure what the pandemic has had on their manufacturing side.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Data wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:20 am Chris, do they do bikes though? A lot of car and truck auto electrical places don't re-wind bike generators. I remember T & M Auto Electrics years ago didn't do bikes and neither did quite a few others. If West Country does bikes I can use them.
I'm sure they do as I had a quote for my X9.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

A quick look says they do bikes. I didn't notice mention of scoots but jetskis and quads!

http://www.westcountrywindings.co.uk/applications.php
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

im going to guess that a hand made by the WCW will be more than the oem? they could probably beef it up to put out more watts, no?

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

WCW will rebuild your existing unit. They don't build from scratch. It's usually cheaper by far. But Piaggio parts are generally not expensive even when new so a quote is a sensible way to go.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

KEEFYBEE
Current Ride: Zontes ZT 125-M

Post by KEEFYBEE »

Well this is my 4th PTW. Previous bike , Aprilia SR Max, the regulator recifier failed at about 22,000 miles, then the crankshaft failing sent it into beyond repairing. XEvo before that regulator rectifier failed at around the same mileage, but went on to go on another 20000 miles before I part ex'd it. TBH I just want it running again properly so I can make a decision on whether to trade it in and go for something different (i.e Not Italian) or just run it for another year or so

KEEFYBEE

Post by KEEFYBEE »

Now switched to another dealer/ repairer in Blackburn, who has now got my bike as we speak, and is giving the full electrics a good once over. So its a case of watch this space, he may have some better news by end of week.

KEEFYBEE

Post by KEEFYBEE »

........and the regulator/ rectifier was dead as a dodo, which has been an issue on previous Italian motors of mine, which the said dealer had previously repaired. So new reg / reec on although not OEM seems to be doing the trick, going to stick some miles on bike tomorrow to beef battery up ready for going back to work

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

good stuff.

always good to take battery off if its going to sit. get it on a trickle charger.

KEEFYBEE

Post by KEEFYBEE »

I gave it a 10 hour blast on the charger when I got it back last Wednesday, and I've had a short outing on it today. So the battery should be in ok nick