Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Re: Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Sounds like you need to change your mechanic Rocketman, it sounds as if you're being conned. I'd try and find another mechanic with good references, or buy a manual & enrol on a mechanics course! I'm sure there are plenty of good mechanics around but you only ever seem to hear about the bad ones! :?

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

guy is a shady aszwipe. I got to them from feedback from a forum but realize forums are anonymous and who the hell knows who those people are that recommended them. its easy to get a few people and hype up a company or brand. and im 1000% certain internet pr reps exist everywhere, either to hype up things or to downplay negativity.

im going to sue him for a small amount so it wont be worth his while to come to court and maybe try and close out of it. enough because of principle and not greed. guy stole my belt. 100% certain. threw in some worn out shredded belt. there was no reminents of the fibers anywhere. more so, inside was not clean at all.

I will ask he will pay part of the parts needed to repair the scooter. no way in hell does a bent valve and cvt belt go together.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yeah, sounds like you must get a new mechanic. Good luck with your action against him!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Colin Appleyard motorcycles Keighley are already advertising the price of the Euro 5 spec Burgman 400 £6698.00+ otr charges,not due out till late August/September,most other adverts for it say price “tbc”

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

thanks guys. good feedback. much appreciated.

RobiXmax
Current Ride: Yamaha XMax 300

Post by RobiXmax »

Yes, i was interested to read Suzuki had updated the 400. Even went onto thier global site to get a bit more info on the upgrades and it looks smart, to my eyes in the matt silver. But I just cannot get my head around the UK price of over 6.5k for a 400 putting out 29PS (a power reduction on the current model presumably due to emissions) and weighing in at a not inconsiderable 218kg. I appreciate it has a single monoshock rear which even if not very good, is bound to be a lot better than the pogostick twin springs on my Xmax 300, but when put alongside the revised Forza 350 and it looks poor value.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Very poor value compared to forza 350 which costs alot less, has a power screen, much better dash but....having had a forza 300 18 plate I had to sell it because it didn't have feet forward riding like burger 400 and was too cramped giving hip pain after 10 minutes....the seat to footboard ratio looks identical on the 350 unfortunately. Any news on a replacement burger 650

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

charles1976 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:19 am ....having had a forza 300 18 plate I had to sell it because it didn't have feet forward riding like burger 400 .Any news on a replacement burger 650
Lack of feet forward on the Forza 300 when i took one out on a demo turned me off,doesn’t look a lot better on the 750,Grafton Honda in Milton Keynes have a demo Forza 750,i spoke to them yesterday,i have ordered a couple of bits for the ADV so when they arrive i will try to arrange a test ride when i collect the parts.The feet forward on my Tmax is very good,it looks to be good on the Burgman 400 as well,i would like to think Suzuki are planning a new version of the Burgman 650 in their “research & Development”department,but i fear not,i would certainly consider another one,loved all my big Burgers.....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Agreed with alot of that Steve I think the forza 750 will be OK but definitely need a good test ride plus its 10 grand eek. Not sure re burger 650 be interesting to see but I'd probably take the forza 750 over it...so many scooters now have a strange cut out where your feet go but it's raised up and in a very awkward position...all the xmax bikes, forzas 300 and 350 are the same...definitely doesn't work for me so yeah burger 400 a great shout but needs a few more bhp

RobiXmax
Current Ride: Yamaha XMax 300

Post by RobiXmax »

Stephen wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:12 pm
charles1976 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:19 am ....having had a forza 300 18 plate I had to sell it because it didn't have feet forward riding like burger 400 .Any news on a replacement burger 650
Lack of feet forward on the Forza 300 when i took one out on a demo turned me off,doesn’t look a lot better on the 750,Grafton Honda in Milton Keynes have a demo Forza 750,i spoke to them yesterday,i have ordered a couple of bits for the ADV so when they arrive i will try to arrange a test ride when i collect the parts.The feet forward on my Tmax is very good,it looks to be good on the Burgman 400 as well,i would like to think Suzuki are planning a new version of the Burgman 650 in their “research & Development”department,but i fear not,i would certainly consider another one,loved all my big Burgers.....

Steve
Aren't you the chap who traded an XMax 300 for a Forza 300, or am I am thinking of someone else? I'd be surpised that people are prepared to pay over a grand more for 400 Burgman just to get a slightly better feet forward postion, but I could be wrong. I'm 6ft and have never had an issue with the seating on the XMax but it;s the only maxi scoot I've owned so can't compare with others.