Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Post by MrGrumpy »

Article on latest edition of the Burger 400....possibly significant things under the skin, but doesn't seem to make much difference from a casual observer.

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-bike ... ts-changes

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Re: Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Post by Red Dog »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:29 am Article on latest edition of the Burger 400....possibly significant things under the skin, but doesn't seem to make much difference from a casual observer.

That easier engine startup is billed as Suzuki’s Easy Start System, which will now require just a ‘brush of the starter button’ as opposed to holding the button down - handy if you find yourself frustrated at the thought of holding the button for extended periods of time in a day of scooting around.

Lol.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

My car has that - depress the clutch and just give the Start button a single push and it turns over and starts. Quite nice - saves all the effort and difficulty of holding the button in and judging when to release it!

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 am My car has that - depress the clutch and just give the Start button a single push and it turns over and starts. Quite nice - saves all the effort and difficulty of holding the button in and judging when to release it!

Haha.

In my youth I used to have to crawl under my car and short the solenoid across with a screwdriver. Sitting inside and turning a key seems like luxury.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

2021 Burgman 400

Post by Stephen »

While waiting for the Honda to have a new tyre and its first mot i googled Burgman,perhaps hoping Suzuki may be rejuvenating the 650 :D looks like the 400 Burgman is getting a little makeover,unless i have read it wrong,i know it got a makeover in 2018..

Steve

Apologies someone already started thread about this in the general section :? topics merged - Capitano 8-)
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Red Dog wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:43 am
MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:21 am My car has that - depress the clutch and just give the Start button a single push and it turns over and starts. Quite nice - saves all the effort and difficulty of holding the button in and judging when to release it!

Haha.

In my youth I used to have to crawl under my car and short the solenoid across with a screwdriver. Sitting inside and turning a key seems like luxury.
I remember my dads cars in the 60s some had a starting handle just in case.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

MrGrumpy wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:29 am Article on latest edition of the Burger 400....possibly significant things under the skin, but doesn't seem to make much difference from a casual observer.

So there will be deals to had on pre 2021 models then....

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

oh, dual spark plugs. nice.

my old nissan 1986 720p pickup truck had a 2.4L 4 cyclinder with 8 plugs. still ran like shit. haha

"Stopping is assisted with a new, lighter (-36g) ABS unit, too."
cool, I can now carry an extra rag and not take the hit.

traction control is a nice edition.

"coming in matte silver, matte black, iron grey "

its like they bought these boring paints in bulk on sale. for years the same boring paints. they had a nice cobalt blue, a nice red and even an orange rust color for the limited edition.

im happy to see they realize there is potential in the bike and invested in it.

they need to hit that 650 with some sporty bodyworks. it looks too much like an old guy scooter. same size, just give it aggressive lines. I would buy a 650 (I never buy new anymore) but even buying used, you cant open up the cvt to inspect before purchase. huge risk for a massive bill.

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: 2021 Burgman 400

Post by Rocketman122 »

Bike looks like it got some very needed upgrades.

B400 always seem to be lethargic on takeoff and hoepfully they improved clutch pads/bell

I am pissed they fecked up with the stva unit on previous gen. many c28 error bikes.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Laziest update I've seen oh and less bhp too! Price going up towards 7k mark outrageous!

Compare to the honda forza 350 released very soon after the 300 version and look at the differences!

Honda has electric screen, better dash 5bhp more and costs over a grand less!

Let's see what happens with the 650 burgman....it has alot of competition!