Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: Slightly upgraded Burger 400

Post by Rocketman122 »

"Price going up towards 7k mark outrageous! "

indeed

id still get the older b400 2012-2017. not sure the difference between honda and B400, but the downtown is quite a strong scooter and I left it in the dust with my 2010 b400. id still prefer a 400cc.

not sure if the forza is a new 350 (or is even a full 350cc) built from the ground up.

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

Pre 2017 B400 storage is the deal breaker for me.

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

the pre 2017 had a huge under seat storage. arguably the largest of any scooter. the post 2017 got much smaller.

are you not happy with space under yours?

also, the way it was shaped is very good. many scooters do 2 different levels. the 400 majesty. part is tucked inn the back of the seat but also higher and divided. and the seat is split in the mniddle. the b400 is quite open and a slight angle.

they really dont put effort at all for storage in new scooters. an ass up, and large space under the seat to rear tire is more important. its a fecking touring scooter. not a tmax. quite pathetic.

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

Rocketman122 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:45 pm the pre 2017 had a huge under seat storage. arguably the largest of any scooter. the post 2017 got much smaller.

are you not happy with space under yours?

also, the way it was shaped is very good. many scooters do 2 different levels. the 400 majesty. part is tucked inn the back of the seat but also higher and divided. and the seat is split in the mniddle. the b400 is quite open and a slight angle.

they really dont put effort at all for storage in new scooters. an ass up, and large space under the seat to rear tire is more important. its a fecking touring scooter. not a tmax. quite pathetic.

Yes, that's what I meant. I love the storage on my 09 model. I would like to eventually upgrade to a 2017+ but the loss of storage prevents me.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

Red Dog wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:37 am Pre 2017 B400 storage is the deal breaker for me.
Yep Mr Dog. My thoughts entirely and why I’m not offloading my 2015 anytime soon ;)

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

ah ok. I was confused. the 2018 is a big no to me too. also the seat is small. they upgraded some things but took away things we love about the 2007+ model.

massive storage. im still in shock these massive scooters like the maxsym have so little storage. mfr half asz effort for storage.

I also think the design is lukewarm. pre 2007 and then 2007 were upgrades in looks and features. they seemed to skimp on the 2018.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I know the front wheel on the latest 400's has been increased to 15" and I've noticed my 2012 model does tend to skip around a bit on fast bumpy bends (about 40 upwards) making precise steering almost impossible. I am thinking of changing the fork oil to a lower viscosity to see if this helps it any, but I think the bigger front wheel on the latest models has been done with this in mind. Has anyone with a new model noticed a difference? :roll:

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

"are you not happy with space under yours?"

huge amount of space in 2007+ models. all 1 nice piece of storage. no steps like majesty

mine is great but it doesnt work. aszwipe mechanic did some monkey business that my cvt belt shredded and a valve bent. together. law suit on its way to him. guy is full of shet. this is why I dont give them to do maintenance work. theyre all theives and con artists. do it all yourself.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Rocketman, how does the CVT belt shred and cause a valve to bend? Pretty impossible in reality. Who is telling you this? :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Rocketman122

Post by Rocketman122 »

UNBELIEVABLE! scu*bag mechanic if I ever saw one. guy is getting a lawsuit. long story .

I had issues with my pickup up sensor in the stator area. it would cut off spark then come back sometime later. he calls me and says your scooter is ready its fine now. I come, the worker (he wasnt there) gives me a bill for stator job. guy said all is fine and now a bill for 450 pounds. so what did he replace for the FULL price hes charging me for the stator /ckp? supposedly just the ckp. and not even cables. just the plastic head with magnet inside. so I call him. ask him why the full charge?

he says its the same money for the pickup sensor and to rewire the stator....so muppet, why didnt you replace them both if youre charging me for it? take it out and give me what youre billing me for. also he never called to tell me or ask me to authorize the repair.

the 2nd time after my bike failed on the highway (belt/valve) I came and brought a tow guy and took my scooter when he said engine and belt failed. he took apart the whole head but he didnt mark which pieces go where in the head. which means it wont work put back randomly. I have a to find a complete used head thats good. he didnt return my battery either. I had to ask for it

I told him IF he needs to drain oil, dont use the same oil drian bolt as its not good and stripped and I have a replacement oem. also I will bring him synthetic oil I use. he didnt listen. he put some random oil and used the old bolt. guy completely disregarded what I told him.

he said he would sell me a motor from a 2018 that was in a crash. 60000km. I could live with 60. he said the engine was in really good condition. it was sitting for 9 months though. he couldnt start it. and with his reputation, I wasnt going to buy it without hearing it run. months he gave me the run around.

Im going to ask for half the repair of the parts to rebuilt the engine. not be greedy. imo, he stole my (very new) oem belt. inside the cvt housing there was not 1 sign of any belt shrapnel. even the contra spring with surface rust didnt have any fibers inside. nothing. imo, he never replaced the pickup sensor.

and he returned this small pathetic head of the sensor. inside is just a simple magnet, a small thin metal plate and 2 pieces of plastic that hold it in place. I will around the stator cover but there is tons of caked up grease and oil thats been there for a long time. anyone who removes the cover will make sure to clean around it very well before closing and it was not cleaned.

the belt he gave is not oem suzuki I used. maybe 3 months of use. garbage person. this is why I will not leave a bike to be worked on without being there. and most of the work I will do myself. I have no trust in anyone.