J costa

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Biglee 123
Current Ride: Kymco400i

J costa

Post by Biglee 123 »

Hi all thinking of replacing drive belt cluch spring rollers etc on my kymco400i have been looking at j Costa anyone done this upgrade if so was it easy and any improvement on top end or acceleration would you recommend thanks all

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Re: J costa

Post by wightegi »

I have looked at them and noticed the prices are different depending on where you buy from , SIP seems cheapest , about £160 for my Xevo others are over £200 . Beware of buying from the EU as they will have you for import duty on top of the price. The 9 roller Pollini seems a better bet though at £100.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

I have no direct experience but recall previous posts discussing, so a search maybe of value.

My overall memory is J Costa upgrades weren't cheap and some reported high wear.

Suspect better value can be had from Dr Pulley sliders, which have very long life so in effect are "fit and forget" rather like moving to Iridium plugs and something I do in most of my bikes/scoots, changing air filter to RamAir dual density filter material (£5 for a sheet on eBay and you cut to shape)
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

spdtwn
Current Ride: Vespa Sei Giorni HPE + MP3 250

Post by spdtwn »

I had one on my T Max for some 40,000km . During that time I tried different weight 'bullets' . While it lasted it was an improvement in take off and delivery of power. Then it started playing-up. I thought it was clutch slip-but it wasn't. After replacing the sliding sleeve and other parts I ditched it and fitted Dr Pulleys . They proved just as good as the J Costa and a lot cheaper. Maksor and SIP have supplied them to me. They seem to wear well. Just try alternate weights to get what suits your type of ride.