Lexmoto pegasus 300 euro 5

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Lexmoto pegasus 300 euro 5

Post by marval »

Lexmoto just updated its 300 pegasus scooter to euro 5, not much has changed apart from the addition of a new colour, typically fashionable depressing grey.
I did show a bit interest at the original launch but the £214 drive belt soon cured me of that! If that wasn't enough just watched a recent and honest YouTube vid by an owner, of five months an 3000 miles. If had the issues that he has encountered, I would not be happy, although he sounds quite philosophical.
Oh and its up by 300 quid

marval

Re: Lexmoto pegasus 300 euro 5

Post by marval »

No sorry up by £200

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

£214 drive belt??? Even Yamaha only charge a mere £148 for a Tmax one! (I assume we are talking about the V-belt)

marval

Post by marval »

Yes as stated on an earlier youtube vid and in black and white on Lexeters own parts site cmpo, £224.71 !

marval

Post by marval »

£214.71 doh!

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

The older 2010-2015 Burgman 400 genuine belts are £218+ if bought through ebay, but dealers charge more for them. So £214 isn't bad in my book. And don't forget the belts last for 14,500 miles before a change is needed. My GTS300 Vespa belts (genuine) cost about £80 and last 9000 miles. But the belts on the Burgmans are pretty much a lot chunkier. My tip is always buy original manufacturer drive belts because you can be inviting a whole heap of trouble with some of the cheaper drive belts out their. One guy brought me his Burgman 400 to have his belt replaced. He got the belt and inspite of me asking him to only use a genuine belt he went on to ebay and bought a third party belt costing £120. I fitted it under protest as their was no choice at that stage. He was back after just 5000 miles accusing me of fitting it incorrectly causing it to shred. I did point out that is what happens to some cheap belts. I pointed out the shives on his pulleys were fine and it's not really possible to fit it incorrectly (and I'm factory trained on that bike) and on the belt you could still see it was fitted the correct way round. Anyhoo, I put the Suzuki belt on and he had no more trouble. Except he was whining about the cost of it which included my cost for re-doing the job, and the cost of the belt. :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I am in shock that something on a Tmax is actually cheaper than the equivalent part on other scoots! This is a rare and remarkable occasion! I can only that this is due to the Tmax's bike like engineering - the V belt is realtively short as it only goes round the CVT, whilst on traditionally engineered scoots, it might be longer to go to the rear wheel???
You are supposed to change the Tmax belt at 12k miles, but they will go on a lot longer, though probably with declining performance.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Yes it's a relatively short belt on the T-max Grumpy, as you say.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Its short but very beefy on tmax .Lexmoto have you by short and curlys but I'm sure if belt was measured could then search on size and find one the same or within a few mm length wise .I can't remember name of chinese manufacturer of that scooter but they sell them in Spain under that name. Will be after market I'm sure as they get more common.After saying that get used Forza 300 thats been used for leisure ,dry stored and never seen rain for same price or put some to it .Thats my advice

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

I would just repeat and strongly advise, never use after market drive belts unless it's an absolute emergency. It's a lottery as to how many miles you may get out of them before a breakage! Seen so many do that on all makes of scooter at ridiculously low miles! I won't always say this about spares, but OEM is always best for belts as the spec is always correct, and the quality is fine. You know where you are with it. Unless that is you know who is making the OEM belts for the manufacturer and can get the same belt at a more competitive price. 8-)