Lexmoto pegasus 300 euro 5

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 18446

Re: Lexmoto pegasus 300 euro 5

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I'm sure pegasus has a top quality belt fitted so agree get a brand name belt .
FYI guy who brought one has just put 8 month 1000 mile review on you tube watched it yesterday.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Yeah, I saw that one. I also saw some guy reviewing his 3000 miles Pegasus and the "issues" he has with it! It just made me laugh so much. He really doesn't actually know anything about his scooter. He's actually saying he is going to glue the rubber foot treads down! He then shows how you can lift them up. What he doesn't realise is they have to be removable so you can get to the screws underneath and remove the side body panels. He witters on about other things too all of which are not actually faults or issues, just things he doesn't actually understand, or just plain dislikes! In fact his scooter is just fine, no actual faults.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

Post by marval »

Whilst I agree that the guy doing the 3000 mile review probably isn't the sharpest knife in the draw, of course loose bolts and broken brackets are typical Chinese fare but I'm surprised you feel that water pump gasket fail and subsequent oil leak, head bearing failure and rear shocks failure are trivia. I would be deeply disappointed.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Its put me off Ill stick to buying used I think

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Speaking with my tech hat on, I would question actually what items really actually failed. Head bearings don't fail so early even on Chinese bikes or any bikes. In my years as a tech it just didn't happen, but bikes from Japan arrived with loose headstock bearings and it's one of the first things you check. His whole experience is much more likely tarnished by poor dealer PDI. Those head bearings should have been checked properly at PDI, that's what as a dealer you are paid to do. I suspect if it had the locking ring would have been found to be loose. He says the bearings failed but that's just so unlikely. However, they might well have needed changing if he ran it with loose headstock bearings for a couple of thousand miles. As to other loose bolts, they too should have been sorted at PDI. Good dealers make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen.

Water pumps too can fail on any bike new or otherwise. Honda Forza owners particularly will tell you that. But we had that with new Burgmans too. If the inner seal fails you can leak water and engine oil. That's usually quite rare though but if it's going to happen it'll happen straight from new or very late in the life of the bike. Bit like a light bulb, it goes either early or lasts and lasts. Of course the Pegasus is actually a Wottan scooter as far as I can make out and as mentioned on other sites. These are in fact a good quality bike. Lexmoto are good quality bikes too. Buy one from Eclipse motorcycles in Milton Keynes & you'll not get any issues.

It's worth noting the many other happy owners of the Pegasus scooter. It's been around for a little while now in many countries and is tried and trusted. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...