SH350 ? Or 300.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MATTTT
Current Ride: Honda c90

SH350 ? Or 300.

Post by MATTTT »

Anyone had a test ride,someone that already owns a 300?
Ive been looking at used ,although they dont seem to be selling mainly ,the prices being asked for 3 year old bikes are over £3k,new ones are available for 3995 ,and 4295
But the 2021 350 is 4995
So im swaying back and forth as to what to buy
I could just get a older 2010 for cheap or go for a new bike

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Re: SH350 ? Or 300.

Post by scootabout »

The SH's are great to ride. I've had the 125 and three 300's. I haven't tried the 350 yet, so can't comment. It all depends on what you're going to use it for... and how much that is worth to you. If you're coming up from a C90, they'll both feel like a revelation. I'm quite happy with my 2009 version, which I did a 100 mile round trip on today, two-up. It seems fine thrashed on main roads, fun on back roads and easy-peasy around town. There's little underseat storage, so a topbox is needed. I also use throw overs for touring. Fairly cheap to run (especially if you don't change it every couple of years).

I can only recommend that you get out and try one or two.

MATTTT

Post by MATTTT »

Plnning on a test ride ,i have just sold the r nine t , possibly the harley next ,will keep the others for now !
I will use it for a 12 mile each way twice a week commute, heavy traffic ,so it has to be agile like the c90
Also i may well use it for mini 2 day trip to France with luggage etc ,thats the main reason why im going for a 300/350 in place of a 125 .Trying to find something multi purpose

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

I moved down to the SH300 from an R850R and I still did a similar mileage, so it was doing everything that the Boxer did. It'll be fine through heavy traffic (although nothing is quite like a C90 - you can almost pick it up and run if the congestion is that bad ;-) ). It easily copes with a pinned throttle - it was designed to be ridden by Italians!

MATTTT

Post by MATTTT »

Picked up a 2016 with low miles ,not ridden it yet ive insured it today
The keyless seems to work well,i think the fob can be turned off ,red led ,or on green led from what i can gather
Is the other button with the bike picture the alarm on or off ?

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Quite like the looked of sh350i offered a good price on a new one, just not keen on the feet position looks uncomfortable

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

One thing I found disappointing on the SH bikes, and I've now ridden both the 125 and the 300, is the ride comfort. I considered the Honda briefly before I tried the GTS300 Vespa. To be frank I found the ride on the Honda to be 'pants'! Main issue was the way it jolted my whole body and particularly the spine when hitting potholes. It didn't matter what I did with the suspension settings, it was always bad! You'd think it would be the other way around, the Vespa having just 12" wheels compared to the very large Honda hoops. The rest of the bike (Honda) was fine, sort of. It's a Honda so it should be good. It was but kinda unremarkable for me and not really that comfortable. Sorry, not trying to insult anyone's bike, I know they are popular. But the Vespa literally glides over the bumps in comparison and the handling is overall so much better both in a straight line and in the bends than the Honda. Since then I've noticed the Honda handling has been frequently criticised in online videos and in various paper roadtests. I don't know if the 350 version is any better in the handling department. You'll see what I mean if you try the Honda and the Vespa side by side, but if you really want a Honda you probably won't be put off. Good luck!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Plumped for a sh350i I'll let you know when it arrives

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:39 am One thing I found disappointing on the SH bikes, and I've now ridden both the 125 and the 300, is the ride comfort.You'd think it would be the other way around, the Vespa having just 12" wheels compared to the very large Honda hoops.
Yeah....that was my experience. I'm forever reading that big wheel scoots ride better than small wheel ones, but that's definitely not what I've found. What with finding it cramped, and utterly windblown at more than 30 mph, I wasn't sorry when it got written off by some moronic woman in a Land Rover....

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Dream bike is definitely the forza 750 but oh the price