Vespa 300 GTS HPE

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Vespa 300 GTS HPE

Post by Data »

Yes, checking oil every ride seems a bit excessive. Mine is a 2016 bike and I check the oil about every 500 miles these days. But it depends too on what sort of riding I've been doing. Faster motorway work definitely uses a little extra oil, but still not much. Going to the Birmingham NEC & back is normally a 370 mile round trip for me. Very fast roads all the way. She drops her oil level just about two to three mm. Yet when doing slightly slower riding around the 55-60mph speed range the level won't change hardly at all. So it's really getting to know your motor & checking oil accordingly. I also know that when the oil has over 3,000 miles on it that the bike will consume even more oil on bigger trips. So I take that into consideration too.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

How many miles has yours done now Data?
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

On this one I've only done just over 10,000 miles. Very low for me. Since fully retiring I've had some health issues that have prevented me from doing the miles that I'd normally do. And we've had covid and the lock downs so didn't do many miles accept to do my advocacy work which involved riding down many muddy country lanes in Suffolk! Ordinarily I'd have covered somewhere in the region of 25,000 miles by now but so far it's the least amount of miles I've done on any bike I've owned over the years. Same with the car. Bought new 3 years ago and only has 17,000 miles on the clock. Normally it'd have near 30k. Hopefully things will soon change. I've got some surgery to go through in the coming weeks and months which if successful will allow me to get back to normal with my riding. First thing I'd like to do then is take wife to Paris for a long weekend on the GTS. We did it when I first got it. Last time she's ridden the bike. It was fantastic. Everyone was French over there though I noticed! :lol:

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Ive had a sight glass casing fitted. I got sick of fiddling with the hpe dipstick, crawling on the floor, burning my hand on the exhaust. A bit expensive from SIP in Germany but it came quick and no duty to pay. I looked at Robots video tutorial on Youtube but decided to get MSC to fit it for me. A lot easier to check now.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I've been hovering over another GTS for a couple of years now, and 2 up to Paris sounds great! My other knee is 'kicking off' now so another stepthrough is on the menu. Hope the surgery goes well Data. See you soon Liam. thumb.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Knees, tell me about them lol. It seems as we get older we just fall apart!

Two up to Paris was great! Locals soon got the hang of the English language after I'd shouted loudly at them a few times very slowly....slowly! At the time I had friends living there so parking was safe but we did stay in a hotel for one night too. Surprisingly there were quite a few Vespa GTS bikes cruising the streets day and night. Got quite a few nods from them. Bike coped well. I've also been to the Birmingham NEC two up with no issues (370 mile round trip). But those are the only times I've used it for two up. I think if we do the Paris trip again I'll get the passenger footpeg extensions as it makes it really comfy for the passenger and better for the pilot too. Wife has hips that are not that great now so the extensions will help if she's willing to try it. We'll see.

I like these ones: https://aliexpress.ru/item/100500252074 ... 8468%22%7D

Others are available from all over. No doubt about it though, the GTS's are a sturdy reliable workhorse with a bit of style to them. Glad I've got mine. It's a keeper.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Knees is the main reason a gave up the Silverwing and bought the Forza.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Has the wife agreed to the Paris trip if anything like mine would be a big fat no lol .I'm trying to tempt wife with a trip to Algarve with scooter in the back of the van next March. She's hasn't actually said no 😆 anyway gone ahead booked ferry and accommodation for just after her 70th I case there's a doo .I'm quite tempted to get a gts for scoot in van trips be easier than getting tmax in and out .Big vespa scene around where I live as well not been out with those for couple of years .I am getting to stage where weight and abs are high on list of priorities.

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:03 am On this one I've only done just over 10,000 miles. Very low for me. Since fully retiring I've had some health issues that have prevented me from doing the miles that I'd normally do. And we've had covid and the lock downs so didn't do many miles accept to do my advocacy work which involved riding down many muddy country lanes in Suffolk! Ordinarily I'd have covered somewhere in the region of 25,000 miles by now but so far it's the least amount of miles I've done on any bike I've owned over the years. Same with the car. Bought new 3 years ago and only has 17,000 miles on the clock. Normally it'd have near 30k. Hopefully things will soon change. I've got some surgery to go through in the coming weeks and months which if successful will allow me to get back to normal with my riding. First thing I'd like to do then is take wife to Paris for a long weekend on the GTS. We did it when I first got it. Last time she's ridden the bike. It was fantastic. Everyone was French over there though I noticed! :lol:
Yes, my brother lived in France for a while. Generally the French aren’t keen on Parisiennes.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

You mean you have another brother other than me Smeg? :lol: