BV350 Wind buffeting

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Re: BV350 Wind buffeting

Post by Bingo »

Thanks. For me personally I just think the bigger screens spoil the look of the bike hence I was hoping that maybe there was just something simple I could clip on in seconds for a long motorway journey perhaps and then clip off when it suits. I couldnt make much sense of the Puig site Mr Grumpy posted a link to but I dont think they do one for the BV 350 (maybe another one will fit). I might have to live with it. I did discover on an early evening ride last night that if I lean forward a bit its nowhere near as bad but thats not ideal. Seems better at 90 than 70. :)

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

The Puig ones deflectors aren't model specific - they normally come in 3 sizes, but are otherwise universal.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:28 am The Puig ones deflectors aren't model specific - they normally come in 3 sizes, but are otherwise universal.
Thanks. Trouble is their website doesnt seem to work. Looks like they are in Spain. Ill drop them an email

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

I wonder if this will work. If its easy to just clip on and off it might be ok. Cheap though. Mind you at that price it wont be a big loss if it makes little difference.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/402173758728 ... SwF3BedKRP

Ive messaged the seller and the people at Puig

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, Puig are Spanish. Pyramid-plastics are UK resellers.

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

Just an update. I was given a clip on extender by a pal. Well I say clip on, its a right faff on more like with four allen keys and some rubber and aluminium mounts. Anyway I got it on and gave it a whirl. I reckon it 75% cures the problem but the thing is I hate it. Looks awful and the big metal clamp is just staring at me in the face. I wonder if there is one thats less intrusive. Probably not. I guess I either live with it as it is or just clamp this thing on if I think I am going to be on a motorway for longer periods.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/MRA_Va ... ector.html

I used to have one of these on my other bikes, it’s universal and should fit any bike. There’s a wider one if you need it. Easy to fit, you’ll need a few test runs to get the right “flow” but once you’ve done it you’ll really notice the difference.

dogwheel
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by dogwheel »

I have the Puig clamp-on Screen extender/deflector on my Burgman 400, it's been on for 5 years often at "naughty" speeds with no trouble at all, I don't look through it, (which can be horrible in rain!). My Burg originally had a Givi Higher Screen, which I did have to look through, I soon cut that down (in situ with a fine Jigsaw) and set the Puig so that it deflects the airflow over my helmet, result= no buffeting and a quiet ride, I comfortably look just over the top of the screen/Puig.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

My view that I'm not that bothered what it looks like if it works! The other sort of deflector which bolt on are probably slightly less intrusive visually, but require holes to be drilled in the screen, so you're stuck with it!

Bingo

Post by Bingo »

This is going to sound daft but I took it off this afternoon and went for a ride with just the standard screen. As the weather had warmed up a bit I had just a light but tight fitting Bomber type sheepskin jacket on rather than the big billowing thick thing Ive been wearing (still need to sort out a proper bike jacket) and on the last few miles I hit a duel carriageway and got up to about 90. It was nowhere near as bad. However the duel carriageway was practically empty of traffic and I maybe had a slight tail wind. I wondered if even your clothing and an empty road could make a difference because something clearly did.

I think ill just live with it as said and add the screen extender for any long fast trips which hopefully wont be that many. I spent the rest of the trip out just belting around country lanes hardly ever getting above 60 which is fine.