My Piaggio BV350 has a leak!

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Re: My Piaggio BV350 has a leak!

Post by scootabout »

I;ve had the Sh300 and the Beverly 350. Althought the Beverley felt faster 30 - 50, the SH300 seemed to have more acceleration 60 - 75. Overall journey times were the same and in the end I sold the Beverley as it wasn't as reliable and felt a handfull around town.

A lot of it is down to perception; I think I'm going fast on the 300/350, but overall journey times weren't much better than my 125!

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

MrGrumpy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:30 pm
Bingo wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 1:08 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:43 am Ask 'em how much power it produced at the wheel!!!
They never did a power run apparently. I would have been interested to know as well as its much quicker than I thought it would be. I tried a Silverwing and from memory its as nippy between 30 and 70 as that was which is just what I needed really.
They are seriously quick...I felt mine was as quick as a Tmax up to around 50! Shame I couldn't get on with the rest of the scoot.....
Thats just where I wanted the speed really. I cant say Im mad keen on belting down motorways at 70-80 mph, I just need a bit of poke for overtaking on the Dales roads and getting up the hills and round the twisties and just being able to wind on the throttle and being always in the right gear of course makes this bike perfect for me. However, I do have some reservations about reliability long term and servicing. Fingers crossed when I get it back and start actually using it again I might start to feel more confident with it.

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

A further update.

Bike was delivered back yesterday by a very jolly chap from NYA Bikes. We had a good chat about what had been done and he even brought be the bits to show me what they had replaced.

So running on vapor we headed off to Barnard Castle to get fuel and test our eyesight and all seemed well but of course it pissed it down again so that was the end of that for yesterday (about 14 miles round trip).

Been out this morning, its parked on the gravel drive for now (long story) so not as easy to check but I crawled underneath and it looks dry to me. So touch wood.

Hopefully its now resolved just in time for what looks finally like some decent weather coming up for the weekend.

Thanks once again for all the brilliant advice.

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

Thanks for the updates, I for one followed them with interest.

Well played by the dealer too. Great service.