False accusation of accident

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: False accusation of accident

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:29 am I'm finding all this rather shocking! No one should be paying for someone else's mistake/s, and of course mistakes do happen. Makes my blood boil! :o
Insurance companies are very keen that any else but them pays for everyting, including their mistakes!

StuartBrown
Current Ride: T Max 530

Post by StuartBrown »

I had a similar experience being accused of hitting a pedestrian in Manchester.
It was a long drawn out process, and I had to push them to clear my insurance records in time for my renewal. I was visited by an investigator on behalf of some law firm, interviewed, vehicles photographed etc. The claimant reported being struck by a 'vehicle'
- not a motorcycle - and this seemed to clear me. The claim was eventually settled by an Uninsured driver scheme, but nobody had the courtesy to tell me that I was in the clear.
Overall , an unsettling experience, after all how can you prove you it wasn't you?

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Another 30 minute call today,it would appear an incident i was involved in a year earlier has been entered again on my file,they couldn’t tell me if it was the insurance company or the insurance broker who made the error,now the broker is trying to find out how to get it removed from the insurance database,because even if i was to change brokers the new broker would go to the insurance database and see the claim on there,so still a bit of work to do.Once removed i should be owed money as that false claim was taken in to account when i renewed my insurance earlier this year,i can also then get a quote for changing my bike……hopefully……

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Well that sounds a bit more promising Stephen. Good luck!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Stephen
Benefactor

Post by Stephen »

The mistake on my insurance has been rectified,the insurance broker,the insurance company and the claims department 4th dimension all seem to be blaming each other🥺i have had money returned from my renewal earlier this year,if i do change bikes they can’t give me any discount as it’ll be a MTA(mid term adjustment)but when my insurance is due for renewal its been noted on my account to give a discount because of the error and hassle caused.

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

This is excellent news! Well done.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

riders in the storm
Benefactor
Current Ride: HondaNC750X+HondaCRF300Rally

Post by riders in the storm »

Hastings are shysters. When I sold my NC750 after 10 months of a 12 month policy with them they charged me £20 for finishing the policy early ! I wouldn't trust a word they say. Tell them to get the alleged other party in this accident to report it to the police. That should flush out the truth.....
HondaCRF300Rally, Honda NC750X

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I have heard nothing since my last post. The last thing they said was they were waiting a reply from whoever made the claim.

Waldorf
Benefactor

Post by Waldorf »

If it turns out to be a false claim, might that mean that Hasting's pursuit of the claim against you amounts to their being an accessory to a crime?
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

On several peoples advice, i called into my local police station today to see if they might know how this situation, plays out. Their advice was, that the person making the claim, is claiming against your insurance company. No insurance company wants to pay out. You have done nothing wrong . Let the insurance company sort out the problem. If the incident was not reported to the Police they will not have any record of it, so ,can do nothing.