Yet another electric, but is this one more maxi?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Re: Yet another electric, but is this one more maxi?

Post by steve_h80 »

It certainly looks the part and if those specs mean a real world 100 mile range and a price of £6k we suddenly have a realistic proposition.
The usual flies in the ointment will be quality, dealers and backup. If those can be sorted that will be really tempting as a second bike.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Funkycowie wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:16 pm
StephenC wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:46 pm
Funkycowie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm I think I'd actually be tempted if I didn't live in a flat on the 9th floor of a block and had a rented garage with no power.
Amazon do 50metre extension leads. How many do you need?
About 7, then some telegraph poles installed to suspend them from, planning permission, etc.
Hmm. So doable, then. Great!

:lol:
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Having had my Cruisym300i for three years and with 34500 km up, I would be interested in this bike. Trading in my Silverwing600 for one would be ideal, but,the 44300 mls on my wing might not be acceptable. If electric is the way forward, the Chinese may have a lead on the West.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Auto Express just published a "comparison" test between the Silence and two cars.

Predictable outcome (ie the Silence took half the time!) but interesting to see the brand get some mainstream motoring media attention.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/355160/c ... volkswagen?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

StephenC wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:36 am Auto Express just published a "comparison" test between the Silence and two cars.

Predictable outcome (ie the Silence took half the time!) but interesting to see the brand get some mainstream motoring media attention.

www.autoexpress.co.uk/features/355160/c ... volkswagen?
Thanks for posting that. The only thing I can't verify is the range. 80 miles could be possible on flat city streets but as soon as you are out of town centres there are hills and dual carriageway stretches where its not safe to travel more slowly than normal traffic and this eats up battery capacity. I would say 50 miles is a more realistic estimate if you need to be certain of getting home on a round trip. In suburban use you would never be short of acceleration but motorways are definitely best avoided.
Incidentally the miles recorded on the odometer are not necessarily accurate and this could lead to false range indications. My range estimate is based on GPS recorded track data.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Eskam
Current Ride: X-Max 250

Post by Eskam »

Range when urban riding are fine, stop start riding and regenerative braking see's to that but constant speeds kill the range. My commute was 60 miles each way only 3 miles of which was not motorway/dual carriageway.
The Zero ST I borrowed for a couple of days had a range of 130 miles, but was nearly exhausted after my 60 mile commute.

I could charge it up at work, but someone grassed me up for plugging in to a socket at work (by then it had gone back). My employers were worried about a possible benefit in kind tax liability if I continued to "refuel" at their expense.

Loved the electric experience, but I think my X-Max will do.me for now
Two wheels good, four wheels not so.