Yet another electric, but is this one more maxi?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Yet another electric, but is this one more maxi?

Post by StephenC »

Yeah, yeah, I've never heard of the brand and it may just be another Chinese useless bit of junk but the specs are def heading the right direction with this one.

Approx £6k
75mph
22hp max (10hp continuous)
195kgs
137 mile range.
391 lb/ft torque (!!!!)

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new ... eco-e-rt3/

Cineco have launched a battery maxi-scoot that sets a new standard for combining a long range with an attractive price.

Developed as an alternative to a 300cc petrol bike, the E-RT3 shares its chassis and styling with parent firm Zongshen’s conventionally powered RT3 but adds an electric motor and lithium battery pack. The result is a 75mph top speed and a 0-62mph time of 8.9 seconds.

The performance comes from a motor that’s rated at 8kW (10.7bhp), meaning that the E-RT3 would be learner-legal over here as it’s under the 125cc limit of 11kW (15bhp). Like other electric motors, though, the real peak power is much higher, with 17kW (22.8bhp) on tap for short bursts along with 530Nm (391lb.ft) of torque at the rear wheel. At a claimed 195kg, it’s relatively light, too.

More impressive is the claimed 137-mile range in combined city and highway use, courtesy of a 72 volt, 96Ah battery that charges in eight hours from a normal socket or around four hours from a fast charger.

Those range and performance figures aren’t far from those of BMW’s C-Evolution, the benchmark of electric maxi-scooters, but the Chinese-made Cineco is much less expensive. In its homeland, the price is listed at 39,800 Yuan, which is under £4500. If an importer opts to bring the bike to the UK, import duties, VAT and shipping costs mean it would probably be around £6000 – that’s still more than £8000 less than the BMW.

Electric drivetrain aside, the level of equipment is respectable with standard kit that includes a TFT dash, tyre monitors, Bluetooth phone integration and navigation.

Cineco’s range also features an electric adventure bike – the E-RX1. Based on the Zongshen RX1, a 200cc single, the E-RX1 uses the same 8kW motor that’s seen in the E-RT3 but offers even more performance and a lower price than its maxi-scooter sibling.

In the E-RX1 peak power rises to 17.5kW (23.5bhp), with the top speed pegged at 82mph. Range is 124 miles, which takes five hours from a normal socket or three hours from a fast-charger. In China, the E-RX1 is 38,800 Yuan (about £4300), so expect to pay £5500.

Cineco’s range also features an electric adventure bike – the E-RX1

Cineco scoot explored:
Decent spec 6.75in TFT colour screen with phone connectivity for media and navigation, plus multiple display options.
Tyre watch Tyre pressure monitors front and rear, with actual pressure readouts rather than a simple 'low' warning.
Belt-drive 8kW motor from Jiangsu Jujie Electromechanical Co is chassis-mounted, with belt final drive and peak power of 17kW (that works out at 22.8bhp).
Reverse thrust Bosch supply the E-RT3’s dual-channel ABS brake set-up, and thanks to the electric powertrain there’s also a reverse gear.
Plug it in The battery is a 72v 96Ah lithium unit needing four hours on a fast charger.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: Yet another electric, but is this one more maxi?

Post by smeghead »

I reckon that will be a cracking scooter. The quality of some Chinese motorcycles seems to be on par with Japanese stuff now and Zongshen are a big player.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

smeghead wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:44 pm The quality of some Chinese motorcycles seems to be on par with Japanese stuff now .
...but is that because the quality of Chinese bikes has improved, or because Japanese quality has declined, or both???

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

👍

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

I think I'd actually be tempted if I didn't live in a flat on the 9th floor of a block and had a rented garage with no power.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Funkycowie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm I think I'd actually be tempted if I didn't live in a flat on the 9th floor of a block and had a rented garage with no power.
Amazon do 50metre extension leads. How many do you need?

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

In theory this one is already available ( in London )
https://zride.co.uk/project/puma/

Similar Chinese origins but as a newer design the Cineco model looks like a better specification albeit with a lower capacity battery. I suspect that availability will always be the issue until a containerful arrives from time to time. Fast charging will probably need a specialized mains supply, 15 amp or more, which electric car owners may already have. My conclusion in March was that long range maxi-scooters were not yet a practical proposition which is why I settled for the Silence S01 for local journeys only. Perhaps in a couple of years there will be a better option so I hope I'm still riding.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

StephenC
Benefactor

Post by StephenC »

Good specs on that one too but as with the one I posted, I would feel happier buying a leccy maxi from a more well-known (trusted?) manufacturer with a good spread of dealers.

I also notice that neither scoot have their dash or storage pictured or described. I suspect with good reason.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

So let’s say “real world” range just over 100 miles that means it’s nothing more than a commuter bike. Buy a used 300-400cc get around 65-90mpg and you can travel distances on it as well as commuting. These bikes are nowhere near replacing existing scooters yet. Sorry.

Funkycowie
Admin
Current Ride: Honda NC750x

Post by Funkycowie »

StephenC wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:46 pm
Funkycowie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:40 pm I think I'd actually be tempted if I didn't live in a flat on the 9th floor of a block and had a rented garage with no power.
Amazon do 50metre extension leads. How many do you need?
About 7, then some telegraph poles installed to suspend them from, planning permission, etc.
ImageImageImageImage
Past Bikes: Piaggio B125, Gilera Nexus 500, TMax MK3 in White, TMax MK3 in Yellow, TMax MK3 in Yellow, Honda NC750x in Blue...