Sat nav

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
alp231
Benefactor
Current Ride: X max 300

Sat nav

Post by alp231 »

Just taken delivery of X max 300 anyone fitted sat nav looking for ideas

Wombat
Current Ride: X Max 300

Re: Sat nav

Post by Wombat »

Yamaha sell a 'Universal Stay' to hold phones and GPS. It replaces the centre cover plate of the Xmax 300 handle bars. They cost $101.70 Aust so should be about GBP 55.56. That may be the best option because there is not much room nor places to secure other mounts. There is a power outlet in the top of the 'Stay', which would have to be wired in, or you could just use the outlet in the LH front glove box to power the sat nav. Garmin and Tom Tom make MC GPS which are water and vibration proof but they are expensive. Most MC riders in Aust use budget car GPS which seem to last OK, but we do not have that much rain to worry about. You may have to carry a zip lock plastic bag to keep a normal GPS dry. Let us know what you do about sat nav, all ideas help.

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I use a RAM ball mount on brake reservoir on my burgman. Then a cheap “scissor” type holder off eBay which attaches to it. Stick phone in, open Google maps and go! Cheap as chips, works perfectly.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

£56 for a bit of plastic? FFS! :x

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I bought an ultimate add ons waterproof proof phone case that was pricey but was impressed with quality. I just use cheap smart phone and download Google maps for areas I need to use off line .Works okay just have a dash clamp if use in the car .All I've used for trips across Spain in car in the past .I've yet to fit adaptor on scoot yet that stays on just remove case with phone inside .The adaptor just has sticky pad on like go Pro mounts to fit on handle bar plastics but I'm going to add couple of self tappers as well case with phone quite heavy .

alp231
Benefactor

Post by alp231 »

alp231
Benefactor

Post by alp231 »

Nearly finished

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:26 pm £56 for a bit of plastic? FFS! :x
What do you expect? It's a Yamaha.

I use a Givi satnav bag myself. Had it for maybe 15yrs?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should