New Sym joymax Z+125 & 300, right price?,

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
marval
Current Ride: Aprilia sr gt

New Sym joymax Z+125 & 300, right price?,

Post by marval »

Now in th UK, Sym joymax z+ 125 & 300, @ £4499 and £4999 both plus otr. Actually seem very good scooters as you might expect from Sym. So add 100 quid to the 125 and 200 quid to 300 for otr. Maybe look at the Forzas @ £ 4899 for 125 and £5469 for the 350 both otr prices, Do you think they stack up well taking into account dealer coverage etc ??

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: New Sym joymax Z+125 & 300, right price?,

Post by Data »

I'm a fan of Sym scooters, also the Forza. Either is a good bet. I've serviced a couple of Syms and had no issues getting parts. Never owned one though. Not had any experience of servicing the Forza yet. One thing is for sure, the Honda dealership experience is pretty much everywhere. That's not quite the same for Sym but they do have plenty of dealers around, just not as many as Honda.

I took a look at the Sym website and the Sym bikes look great and will be very high quality. Of course, the new Forza 350 is about to be on sale so that too might be worth a look if you want even more performance.

Hoping you find what you are looking for. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

From our good friends at Moto Gb .I'm glad to see 300 back I was after a used cruisym for a while .In a position now where could go for new if really wanted to .

https://youtu.be/WQzqZIUNYyk

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Just looked on ebay new one is available to order 😀. After saying that could also get 2016 joymax 300 with 13 k on clock and save 3 grand 😀. Out-of warranty so no need to worry about nearest dealer .We have local guy all Vespa guys go to used to work at Triumph dealer and do it on the side .Now has his own place does MOT and servicing repair and tyres.Ive not used him yet but as getting older find crawling around on floor less appealing.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Yeah, it looks OK. Nothing fancy tech-wise, although the video mentions traction control on the 300 (not elsewhere, so maybe check before buying?) which is common in the class now. USB outlet in the large glovebox and a strut and light for the underseat area: all good. Power seems typical for a 300 although a tad lower than the Xmax and Forza 350. The MPG could be interesting though, as the Xmax is excellent and the Forza 350 should be closer now than the ancient lump in the 300, so I would be hoping for an average in the mid-90s or more.

The seat looks comfy enough, but it's a bit weird that seat comfort is the first thing mentioned under features.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

I have had my cruisym300i for three years and am up to 35,000kms. i have had no problems servicing it myself ,oil changes are straight forward and cleaning the variator fan filter every 5000km is as easy as my Silverwing 600. I have changed the drive belt at 15,000km and again at 30,000km putting new sliders in at 30000km. I keep a check on mileage figures and regulary get over 90mpg. It will cruise along all day at 50/60 mph. seating position is ideal for me, leg stretched out comfortably for long rides I am 5' 10" and can see over the screen perfectly. As long as the oil is changed and filters cleaned i do not see any problems. I have seen the replacement for the cruisym ( on you tube) called the Alpha, the onlly differance i can see is the traction control and electronic dash layout ( i don't like the twenty four hour clock or mileage in kilometers) so that would appeal to me, but i will not be changing yet.

KEEFYBEE
Current Ride: Zontes ZT 125-M

Post by KEEFYBEE »

Been debating about getting a new machine myself, as I've been quoted 'silly' on the repairing of my now 8 years old Piaggio Fly 125. i enquired a couple of months ago to Moto GB which machines were going to be available the Joymax Z+, Cruisym Alpha but they only quoted that the Jet X was coming to the UK, there's obviously been a bit of interest so they've brought the Joymax Z+ as well, but as in the Henry Ford analogy any colour you like as long as its black. Admittedly it looks quite a stylish machine, but I've also been having a gander at The Suzuki Burgman as well, this being a few hundred quid cheaper as well. I want to go back to the maxi style scooter, I'm missing the comfort on the 40 miles per day commute. Even though The Chinese based scooters have vastly improved from their humble beginnings theres still something which says 'Sorry no thanks'