Honda C125 Cub Euro 5 scooter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Honda C125 Cub Euro 5 scooter

Post by Data »

I'm guessing some of you guys will have spotted this one. The Honda 125 Cub has a brand new engine to meet euro 5. It actually produces MORE power than the euro 4 version. I'm liking the new paint scheme too.

Enjoy! The new Honda C125 Cub Euro 5
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Honda C125 Cub Euro 5 scooter

Post by Dave Weller »

You can get the CT125 Hunter cub from Seven Seas Motors, Honda UK decided not to bother importing them. Hopefully I will get my hands on one soon.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I really like it. The pillion seat was needed, brilliant MPG figures and a fun ride.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Food for thought here in terms of running costs. If the Honda can manage 100 mpg that would be about 1.4p per mile. By my calculations the electric S01 costs 1.5p per mile with energy costs of 22p per KWhour . Road tax is free on the Silence S01 but insurance more expensive. Maximum electric range is 60 miles, Honda goes on for ever! The Honda is probably a bit slower and a lot slower on acceleration but has a more comfortable ride and with proper ABS front brake. I might have to change horses, but not in mid-stream though!
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

People I know that have bought the current C125 Cub are getting between 110-120mpg on varied running. So I guess that's even more in favour of the Cub. The other point is that although it's an ice engine it's amazingly simple to look after with everything being easy to get to. And it's a Honda! They go for ever. :o

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

There must be a way of getting the battery out of a C125 without a second pair of hands, but we could not work it out to fit an optimate and aux socket.
My economy figures for an Innova are about 120 mpg and the C125 about 140. Although when we fill up the pump nozzle is passed between the 2 bikes and he get change from a £5 when he pays, I end up buying the drinks when we stop later on. My Innova does 200miles to a litre of coffee during these kung flu days.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Dave Weller wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:25 am There must be a way of getting the battery out of a C125 without a second pair of hands, but we could not work it out to fit an optimate and aux socket.
My economy figures for an Innova are about 120 mpg and the C125 about 140. Although when we fill up the pump nozzle is passed between the 2 bikes and he get change from a £5 when he pays, I end up buying the drinks when we stop later on. My Innova does 200miles to a litre of coffee during these kung flu days.
Dave, it was on the news that scientists are working on developing a second pair of hands for humans. This may have several advantages and will probably solve the "getting the battery out of a C125" problem as that seems to be their main motivation for doing it! Other advantages will be picking your nose, scratching your bum, and eating dinner all at the same time. I'm up for it! :o :lol:

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

I had a new SuperCub for about a year until very recently. Sold it to another member of this forum. One of the main differences against the latest model mentioned above is the pillion seat and pegs. The previous one was solo only and I fitted the useful Honda chrome rack to it.

I think these are little more than fun/novelty bikes really. Sort of thing old farts (like me!) might buy for nostalgic reasons but for practical purposes they compare very poorly with a T&G scooter that you can buy for the same £3,000+. There's no luggage space, gear shifting is awkward and there's very limited weather protection. That's why they never sold here in any volume. In the year I owned mine, I don't think I ever saw another on the road.

Pete07bikes
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300 HPE

Post by Pete07bikes »

I have had my (bought used) C125 Super cub just over a year now and have done over 2,500 miles on it, more than I have on my 500x.
Average fuel consumpton on the cub has been 180mpg over that time and I regulary get over 110miles before the last fuel bar starts flashing from the tiny 3.7 litre petrol tank. It does around the same speed as my previous Innova did and yes, it does lack any storage space but nothing that a topbox can't resolve. I am quite taken with it, it attracts plenty of attention being so retro looking and, touch wood, I've not had any trouble with it.
I regulary do 60-100 mile rides on it and, TBH it isn't much slower going from A to B than the 500, and filtering (necessary where I live) is an absolute pleasure on the cub.
My new CT125 Hunter cub is due to arrive this Friday from Seven Seas and I am a tad concerned about the gears being different on both cubs - the Super cub gears go from neutral, then 1 to 4 by pressing down with the toe and changing back down by pressing down with the heel, the Hunter cub is the reverse of this, as in neutral then 1 to 4 by pressing down with the heel and changing down by pressing down with the toe - obviously I don't want to damage either of them by inadvertantly going from say 3rd to 2nd instead of 4th so i will either have to pay attention when I ride the Hunter cub or maybe replace the heel and toe gear lever with a conventional lever, similar to the 500x.
Pete
Rainham, Medway Towns, Kent
Honda CB500-XA

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

abitmad wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:20 am I had a new SuperCub for about a year until very recently. Sold it to another member of this forum. One of the main differences against the latest model mentioned above is the pillion seat and pegs. The previous one was solo only and I fitted the useful Honda chrome rack to it.

I think these are little more than fun/novelty bikes really. Sort of thing old farts (like me!) might buy for nostalgic reasons but for practical purposes they compare very poorly with a T&G scooter that you can buy for the same £3,000+. There's no luggage space, gear shifting is awkward and there's very limited weather protection. That's why they never sold here in any volume. In the year I owned mine, I don't think I ever saw another on the road.
You can take the pillion seat off at anytime. It mounts to a 'rack' that can be used for that purpose. If I were to get one I'd also put panniers on, plus a midsize front screen and heated grips. It makes it a really useful tool like my GTS Vespa. I've seen several of the current C125's in and around my current location and one parked right next to my GTS in the town centre just a few days ago. It did look quite impressive I have to say even though it was filthy dirty. It may have been a courier bike as it had panniers and big top box. Did wonder if it was being used as a Deliveroo bike!