Honda C125 Cub Euro 5 scooter

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: Honda C125 Cub Euro 5 scooter

Post by mottza »

The address 110 that my matehas goes well and is super light. 2399 otr.

He took it to Lincoln from Essex no probs.

Its pickup surprised me but will top 65.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

abitmad wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:51 am Like you I've always been a big bike rider but in my case I still am, my other bike is a Harley. Because I tend to change quite often, I've owned a large range of big bikes over the years so scooters have mainly been a second bike for me, though when I had a TMax that was my "big bike". Some of them didn't need additional luggage because I quite liked tourers that come with bags as stock, like BMW RT, Some Harleys, Yam Tracer 900GT, Tiger 800 on a special offer. I don't anticiipate touring much any more though so luggage capacity is not a major question for me.

What's good about the Vespa is that I can fit my open face helmet in the boot, though unlike many other scooters it won't take a full face. Mine's the touring version so came with the folding rear rack as well. Carrying a helmet around when you go somewhere and walk about is a pain, though I know you can usually lock it to the bike somewhere. Many people have top boxes which are good for that, but those offend my aesthetic bike sense. I'm suffiicently vain that how a bike looks is important to me. So I'd say that from the purely practical viewpoint of carrying stuff, a Vespa or any T&G is superior to a Cub cos you have the boot and a rack, front one too if you like.

Enjoy your Cub if you get one. They are fun - for a time :~I

Health issues apart, if you get rid of the Vespa and have a Cub as a sole bike, my guess is that you would quickly be fed up with the low power, especially as a big bike rider and being used to grunt. At first the nostalgia, enthusiasm, people admiring the Cub because it does attract attention, and general old fartiness win. But as time goes on, those points fade into insignificance against the wimpish performance and other weaknesses of the bike and your inner hooli becomes desperate to emerge. Did for me anyway but we're all different of course. I guess that don't matter if you use it purely for city hops, but go for some long rides and you may become frustrated. Not everyone does, I did.
I've been riding bikes for 52 years now and I've had so many bikes large and small that I can't even remember them all. But one of the best bikes I've had was my C90. Only did 55mph flat out but that didn't matter. Had it three and a half years and did over 15k on it. Lovely bike. I had the screen, panniers etc on it so it was very practical. At the other end of the scale I've been used to riding GSX1400's. I've had two. Did 190,000 miles on the first one and 175,000 on the second. Used to cover around 30-40k miles a year on them when I was working and I had to really get places all over europe. Rarely dropped below 80mph on the highways. My Suzuki Vstrom 1000Gt was a nice bike, fully dressed with luggage etc and again was a performance bike Did 90,000 miles on it. I've had Bandit 1250's and just about everything else inbetween. Loved them all. But none of those big bikes was anywhere near as satisfying to ride as some of my smaller bikes. But when you have to do lots of miles and you have deadlines to work to then size matters.

Now I'm retired I'm finding the best form of mc travel is on smaller bikes again. Even without a back issue I'd not go back to big bikes. Smaller bikes tend to make you feel alive, more connected to motorcycling etc. You miss so much going on around you in the countryside on a big bike, but when riding a smaller bike you don't! My Burgman 400 was a lovely bike but the weight (225kg) was still far too heavy as my back was already giving me trouble. So after a trial run on the Vespa (I posted about it in the road test review section on here) I was stoked to get one. Great bikes and I don't think I will part with mine. But whether I can continue to ride it regularly is dependant on surgery success. If it's a choice of giving up biking or continuing on a C125 then the Honda has it. Even without a back issue I'd love to have one. It's not about outright performance for me. I have owned and ridden many 125's over the years and each one was brilliant, but the C90 was definitely one of my all time greats! But it's horses for courses, we all look for different things in bikes just like in cars. If you didn't find your C125 enough then you were not ready for it, or for you, it was just impractical. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:10 am The address 110 that my matehas goes well and is super light. 2399 otr.

He took it to Lincoln from Essex no probs.

Its pickup surprised me but will top 65.
Actually, the Address is a really nice bike. Bet Harvey is loving it!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

For the last 7 years I've had a C90.

Would I be happy to have a Cub as my only bike?

Yes I would.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Would I be happy to have an Innova as my only bike?

Yes I would
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

abitmad

Post by abitmad »

Dave Weller wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:52 am Would I be happy to have an Innova as my only bike?

Yes I would
So why do you have other bikes Dave? You must be miserable with your Silverwing, CB500 or whatever those other far more powerful bikes are you own in addition to the Innova. I suggest you get rid of them all immediately in order to achieve the ananda which possession of the Innova alone will bring you. ;)

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

I would also have an Innova, having ridden one for a month in Thailand. I think they're great little bikes. My favourite bike of ALL time though was a Honda S90 Sport, it was just so much fun on the journey to and from work, around the roundabouts and twisty lanes!

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Honda S90...mmmm...lovely! Rode one before I settled on the C90. It was a superb bike and lots of fun. But I kinda felt I should have legshield protection, and then the panniers, screen etc. I thought it wouldn't be fair to spoil the S90 with those things. My cousing had the SS50 Honda which he loved. They pretty much ran forever without ever going wrong. If you had a showroom condition one now it would be worth 20 squillion pounds! :o Yes, 20 squillion! Not sure how much that is but it's a lot... :lol:

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

abitmad wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:45 am
Dave Weller wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:52 am Would I be happy to have an Innova as my only bike?

Yes I would
So why do you have other bikes Dave? You must be miserable with your Silverwing, CB500 or whatever those other far more powerful bikes are you own in addition to the Innova. I suggest you get rid of them all immediately in order to achieve the ananda which possession of the Innova alone will bring you. ;)
He's probably like I used to be. I always had more than one bike in the garage. Usually big ones. It wasn't until I upgraded to a scooter that I began to really value the smaller bikes much more. I used to do the 375 mile round trip to the NEC on my GSX1400 or Vstrom 1000, but then I got the Burgmans and started to use those. Then I got the Vespa and found it too did the same trip as the bigger bikes with no issues at all. In fact it took just 10 minutes longer to get there as it did on my GSX14! And that was only down to the fact you have to stop one more time for fuel on the GTS. I have a 9.5ltr tank on mine, not the 9.2 or 8.something on the later ones.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

Data wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:35 am
abitmad wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:45 am

Yes I would
He's probably like I used to be. I always had more than one bike in the garage. Usually big ones. It wasn't until I upgraded to a scooter that I began to really value the smaller bikes much more. I used to do the 375 mile round trip to the NEC on my GSX1400 or Vstrom 1000, but then I got the Burgmans and started to use those. Then I got the Vespa and found it too did the same trip as the bigger bikes with no issues at all. In fact it took just 10 minutes longer to get there as it did on my GSX14! And that was only down to the fact you have to stop one more time for fuel on the GTS. I have a 9.5ltr tank on mine, not the 9.2 or 8.something on the later ones.
If I could be bothered I would sell the bigger bikes now that I don't cover the bigger mileages. All the bikes give me some enjoyment and I am lucky that I can rotate them monthly, carry out repairs at my leisure.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i