Touring Scotland on a Tmax 530

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Cloudswiper
Current Ride: TMAX 530 DX 2019

Touring Scotland on a Tmax 530

Post by Cloudswiper »

So a tour from Brighton to Skye.
First day blast up motorways to Preston for overnight stop with friends. Now just arrived at the wonderful Buccleuch Arms in Moffat. Warning signs on route about a yellow rain alert. Will need to look that up…

First thoughts on Tmax as a tourer? Excellent!

Cloudswiper

Re: Touring on a Tmax 530

Post by Cloudswiper »

Cruising at an indicated 80mph (about 72 by my gps). New Earpeace ear plugs doing a fantastic job of cutting wind noise whilst still hearing intercom clearly. Nice being able to stretch legs out while mate on a GS getting stiff legs. I told him - you need a nice scooter you do. Not missing my GS 1150 one bit.

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Cloudswiper wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 am So a tour from Brighton to Skye.
First day blast up motorways to Preston for overnight stop with friends. Now just arrived at the wonderful Buccleuch Arms in Moffat. Warning signs on route about a yellow rain alert. Will need to look that up…

First thoughts on Tmax as a tourer? Excellent!
We were booked in there last year,but obviously our trip got cancelled,that was to be our last stop before heading home,hopefully we can go next year.

You are of course correct excellent tourer,my Tmax dx was great,loads of leg room,onething i did learnfrom a previous Scotland trip,that was on my Big Burgman was to invest in an Airhawk which I did and well worth the money,use it on all my longer trips now,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I've got Scotland trip planed my usual first night is Dumfries from west Mids .Mines more low lands and central Scotland with just jaunt from Dumbarton to Inverness for a night then back down to Stirling. After that. Dumfries then Lancaster services .

Forgot to say on Tmax 500 8 nights total

There's 2 new routes now like nc 500 .South West 300 and heart of Scotland 200 .Not so dramatic but not so far and accom cheaper. :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I'd stay in the Moffat area than grind onwards - fantastic scenery and loads of empty flowing bike friendly roads!! Yes, the Tmax does everything apart from off-roading - you can grind up the M-way, scratch round the twisty roads, and traffic-bust through the jams! On my last trip, Hawick was grid-locked due to a combination of roadworks. I was able to filter through the gaps, whilst a biker I overtook couldn't cause his panniers stuck out too far!

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

On the Moffat loop

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

The area around Moffat presents some excellent riding and is well worth a few days exploring. Most folks miss it all as they head straight up to the west coast.
If your heading further north you can avoid much of the A74 by taking the old road B7076 / 78

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I've just changed my Inverness booking to Perth do more of central Scotland.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

steve_h80 wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:27 pm If your heading further north you can avoid much of the A74 by taking the old road B7076 / 78
That really is a weird road... a super high speed road with no traffic! Effectively the world's longest fastest cycle path!