Touring Scotland on a Tmax 530

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Cloudswiper
Current Ride: TMAX 530 DX 2019

Re: Touring on a Tmax 530

Post by Cloudswiper »

Good tips thanks.
Really enjoyed the Tibetan temple road from Lockerbie up to join the 3 Lochs loop back to Moffat.
Today enjoyed the B8074 bypassing Tyndrum. Single track, gravelly but lovely riverside route

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

…and today the Ardanamurchan peninsula. Many miles of single track but well worth it.
I do like dash cubby for charging my phone.
The Ram mount arrangement for my Tom Tom gps is working really well. Power from the DIN socket I installed on the battery cover.

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

Oops - Ardnamurchan is the spelling.
Anyway - the western most point of uk mainland apparently. Beats Cornwall!

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

And now in the Kyle of Lochalsh overlooking the Skye bridge.
TMAX still playing a blinder.
Group of GS riders at Ft William gave me the usual “can’t afford a proper bike?”. I asked them if they had had problems touring on a scooter. They said they had never tried. “Don’t know what your talking about then do you” says I. Left before they could think of a response!

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

The correct thing to do with GS riders is to ask about their shaft drive. They get all defensive about that for some reason 😂😂😂
You sound like you're enjoying Big Scotland. It is indeed an awesome place.

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

Terrific place. Tomorrow a loop of Skye and tomorrow Applecross pass then on to Ullapool

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

steve_h80 wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:17 pm The correct thing to do with GS riders is to ask about their shaft drive. They get all defensive about that for some reason 😂😂😂
Wait until you come to a traffic jam, and then see who can filter better! There was a latest model BMW R---RT in the workshop the other day...blimey it was ludicrously wide! The sticky out cylinders are bad enough, but the bodywork stretched out far further! It was almost as wide as a car! And the K1600GT is even wider (and heavier!)!

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Moffat road is my favourite, the road in 2008 where i wiped the derision off the faces of my big bike/sport biker mates by well and truly trouncing the lot of them, after them saying we will wait for you at the other end, can we keep our sarnies in ya moped etc etc, i was sitting 10 mins with me lid off before the first one turned up, the look on their faces i will never forget, just outhandled and outclassed them and that was on a bog standard Tmax before i modded the crap out of it.
Dezzie

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

Great story!

Cloudswiper

Post by Cloudswiper »

My mate is a little less mouthy today after he dropped his GS1200 today on the Applecross pass and needed me to show him the technique to get it back up.