Forza 300 head bearings notchy.

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Re: Forza 300 head bearings notchy.

Post by Red Dog »

Ask the dealer to sign a chit saying he told you it would be fine until next service and that he will take responsibility if it goes tits up before then.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

By reporting the head bearings as slightly notchy but not attempting to check the adjustment on the service this dealer has done itself no favours. If the notch is due to overtight adjustment it could be corrected by adjustment without further damage but if its left for the next service it will need replacement. If that's within warranty I suppose it might not matter. If the steering in a straight line is affected by wandering and in need of constant corrective rider input then it becomes a safety issue and you should take it back to the dealer immediately.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Deleted User 407

Post by Deleted User 407 »

I still think the dealer is trying to get two visits from me next time, the next service and then take it back for the warranty work.In that way he gets another two visits from me and at £95 an hour he is quids in.I think i will get back onto Honda and say what the dealer says.Could come at a bad time for the dealer as yesterday Honda sent me a survey about how well your dealer done when i took it in for a service the other day.

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

I'd be on the phone to Honda customer services UK.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.