Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 18446

Re: Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I've cut it down to more realistic length and miles .If decide when in Spain to extend it can just move return booking add 2 weeks on ..I've been on group trip and occasionally had day on my own met up at destination I'm pretty good with navigation ect .Its more out of practice and getting older .I thought wife would change her mind in the end and we would go in the car but no she's adamant .She's okay me going on my own as long as leave passwords for bank accounts lol.

iansoady
Current Ride: X-Max 250 + Norton ES2

Post by iansoady »

I made many solo trips in the 1990s and early 2000s on my Norton Commando - getting as far as Greece - and never missed having riding companions. There was always someone to chat to in the evenings or at coffee stops and no pressure to ride faster (or indeed slower) than I wanted or to stop just when I was raring to go.

Like Liam I used to take enough tools to do a complete rebuild but never needed more than a screwdriver / adjustable spanner / pliers.

With decent breakdown cover there's not much to worry about. Mine is from a Nationwide flexplus account, although it's backed up with free cover from Peter James insurance.

Deleted User 18446

Spain off doing UK trip instead save hassle with tests ect possible traffic light system changes . Just moved ferry to June 2022 do 2 week tour of Portugal before Vespa rally North Portugal.

Deleted User 18446

Im on a Facebook page bikers touring Spain and Portugal more info coming thro now of where to get a test before get back on ferry in Spain 35 /40 euro for basic test .Then it's £45 for a day 2 test you posy off after return home .That's if double jabbed Im still looking at it may be last min decision if get the urge or if wife changes her mind .I'm on look out for a small van have bid on one would be ideal for trips .Has bed/seat on one side still room for scoot on other just pull it out at campsites .Already have campervan awning for side give stand up and sitting area /cooking area .

Deleted User 18446

Fingers crossed update on pcr travel tests today .Ended up selling my Vespa rally ticket for June 2022 don't fancy the heat or the crowds .Now planning Spain Portugal trip April May after Easter wifes away week early May as well .I've splashed out joined Brittany ferries club voyage get 30% off fare but is annual fee but get free breakfast as well .Have booking for October 2022 as well .Just have to make mind up about this October if pcr tests on return to uk scrapped to go or wait for booster jab .Son is off work he picked up covid at a wedding even tho double jabbed he doesn't live with us .He just had stuffy nose and lost sense of smell other than that feels okay he's 40 next year .

Spring and Autumn trips to Spain for few years get moneys worth of Club .Voyage lol 😆

Deleted User 18446

Changes for return to UK test on 4th October .Booked for after Easter next year was £100 more for this October plus I want me booster jab 5th group in line .

johnakay
Benefactor

Post by johnakay »

north Yorkshire moors is nice to.
this picture taken yesterday.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership