Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Post by muddyfox »

mottza wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 pm Liam. Pikey isn't banned. He left on his on accord and deleted his account.
Don't tell Pikey.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

mottza wrote: ↑Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:56 pm Liam. Pikey isn't banned. He left on his on accord and deleted his account.
I just presumed, with not seeing any posts. In fact he used to be a top poster.. He can be naughty at times... but nice. :lol:

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

muddyfox wrote: ↑Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:06 am
Don't tell Pikey.
That's the golden rule... :D

I haven't seen anything of him since he went off with my favourite Tmax :cry:

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Did he borrow it not bring it back ?

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

Sagalout wrote: ↑Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:11 am Did he borrow it not bring it back ?
Ha ha . No, he did pay for it but I do miss it sometimes. It was a Mk2. The 560 I bought in March, hasn't won me over yet!

Deleted User 18446

I'd love a 560 but can't justify price and be worried about leaving it anywhere .Or even outside the house .

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

They are expensive but I fancied one. I keep it inside my gym covered by cctv. I live in the flat above so can keep an eye on it but it is a risk because the insurers say it has to be in a garage. So it isn't actually covered for theft, while inside. (Nor outside the gym) It has to be garaged at all times!
I wouldn't leave it in my garage as that's been broken into a few times. I prefer to have it close by and I'm rarely away from the place more than a few hours a week anyway.

This is the 5th Tmax I've had. It was'nt a spare of the moment decision to buy it. I'd checked them out online for months and I'd sat on a few at CMC Clay Cross . But I hadn't test ridden one. The electric screen is great but I've never used the cruise control. The locking stand is a good feature. TheTmax is starting to get too high tech for me though. All the electric wizardry may be trouble in the future.

Re. the mk2, I just found it more comfortable a bit lighter and a bit slimmer,, and I could do a lot of my own maintenance. Helped by my chum Clive from Mansfield.
Not sure I'll be doing much on this one.

Deleted User 18446

I was after a cheap used 300 sym or kymco with abs or even a 125 forza with abs ended up with tmax without abs πŸ€”
I've been buying stuff for it and the trip which has got a bit out of hand may be cutting it down a bit .Got carried away with special offers on accommodation πŸ˜†

Deleted User 18446

They took balance of Santander ferry today and looks like just 2nd day test on return to uk for double jabbers at moment .Still hesitant about going on my own probably feel better once ridden a bit more and scoot has been checked over .If decide not to go can transfer booking to next year for Vespa rally Portugal .7 weeks to go πŸ˜†

Liam
Benefactor

Post by Liam »

I've travelled a few times on my own. Reassured by the fact I was meeting Clive or Tmax Group people in Belgium or Germany. You'll enjoy it once you get going. All you need is phone , satnav, breakdown cover, a few bulbs and be able to sort tyre repairs. I used to take every tool under the sun. Never needed any of them.
An extra pair of pants is handier than a torque wrench.. :D