Ebay European countries purchasing parts

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Re: Ebay European countries purchasing parts

Post by Whatsisname »

Good luck! Get all your purchases done before October,because that's when the full customs checks kick in. We're still in a Brexit grace period right now, we'll be fully outsiders then.
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Just had another email says it's coming today Saturday now after lunch .

Deleted User 18446

It's here can't wait to take wrapping off smell that fresh rubber mmmmm

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Sagalout wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:24 am It's here can't wait to take wrapping off smell that fresh rubber mmmmm
Ooh-er!

Deleted User 18446

Next purchase is a givi touring screen see how that goes .lol

Deleted User 18446

It didn't go well seller in Italy cancelled order not sure why but he was selling cheaper than others .There is a message in Italian ebay says being refunded .In a way for best as could have been delivered while away .So will leave it for now .

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Stibbs wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:21 am Ahhhh, Brexit. The gift that just keeps giving.
Well the ONS has just announced trade with EU is now back to normal pre-brexit and pre-covid levels. But the good thing is that trade with the rest of the world is up too, if only by a small amount. Lets not forget too that big industry such as Airbus Ind, Nissan, Landrover and many many others are now saying brexit is a fantastic trading opportunity. We should soon start to see many food prices come down as the government will remove the silly anti competitive tarrifs on some foods from across the world. Wine was just a taster of what's to come. We can also thank brexit for the fact we saved more of our jobs and industries and we all got vaccinated months ahead of our eu friends. Interesting that many so called remainers in Parliament have been so silent on this. As trade goes on the processes will be further refined with regard to VAT. So fully agree Stibbs. ;)

PS. Sorry not trying to get political on this, just agreeing with Stibbs!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

iansoady
Current Ride: X-Max 250 + Norton ES2

Post by iansoady »

I think you are right - to apologise. The full effects of brexit are yet to become plain and to be frank what you have said does not tally with what's happening on the ground - and what will only get worse after October when the full regime kicks in. The only ONS report I'm aware of is here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustry ... 2021-05-25 and it flatly contradicts what you say.

I wouldn't normally rise to this sort of thing and think we should keep the forum clear of what is a very contentious issue.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

iansoady wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:41 am I think you are right - to apologise. The full effects of brexit are yet to become plain and to be frank what you have said does not tally with what's happening on the ground - and what will only get worse after October when the full regime kicks in. The only ONS report I'm aware of is here: https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustry ... 2021-05-25 and it flatly contradicts what you say.

I wouldn't normally rise to this sort of thing and think we should keep the forum clear of what is a very contentious issue.
Not trying to bait anyone and of course the full implications of brexit won't be proven for a while. The report you link to is not the latest ons report for the second quarter (which is the one the BBC analysed and which I am quoting) which I don't believe is fully released yet but you can still see figures for May and June so far. The BBC who reviewed the latest preliminary ons report a few days ago said the trend is looking good with a good surplus starting to build and increasing imports which is a good sign. There is absolutely no doubt that brexit has saved thousand of lives so far in our country. I noticed how busy Dover port was 2 weeks ago when I was there. It was flowing very nicely when I went to collect an ex-business friend. Everyone is getting used to the new schemes it seems.

I ordered some spares from Germany (for Vespa's) without any issues and parts for cars (from France) in the normal way. No extra charges incurred but as has been said, it depends on how much you spend and even what items you order. Considering it's only a few months since we fully left it's looking good in my view. Agree it's a contentious issue and one that has been raised on here before by others without causing any issues. But the thread is talking about the business effects of brexit which is perfectly legitimate in my view.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

iansoady
Current Ride: X-Max 250 + Norton ES2

Post by iansoady »

You are of course entitled to your view. But I still think that this is not the place to propound it. I will say no more.