Forza 350, 750, NC750X, SH350 - which one has a new home?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Forza 350, 750, NC750X, SH350 - which one has a new home?

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Recently, I test rode the Forzas 350 and 750 back-to-back.

Much preferred the Forza 350 - lighter, more storage, nippy, smooth engine, cheaper all round to own etc etc, - what I'm used to riding, I guess. I noticed that there is no rear hugger on this bike. My NMax 125 has no hugger. It's a bloody pain to keep clean; especially after a wet ride. The rear tyre flings all that wet road crud into and around under the back end which is trapped by that air box, and that dark hole lurking deep under the scoot.

Forza 750 was too much of everything that I didn't need, power was lovely of course, but not what I wanted after feeling the weight of it on the shop floor and tarmac. It did feel a little remote or heavy on the go; maybe cumbersome? Anyway, I did not gel with the Forza 750 but is it a scoot that would grow on me?

The NC750X was a lovely, lovely ride - just enough power, smooth, the weight fell away on the run and the handling was great. I was unsure of getting back on a motorcycle after 11 years on scoots. The storage was interesting and useful too, and I think it looks stunning.

I didn't test ride the SH350i - unavailable to test, - but I have read lots and lots of good things about the earlier models' handling and power etc. Flat floor for storage, underseat storage and..... I noticed there is a rear hugger!

I have owned the Vision 110, which was a scoot that I loved for urban nippiness, its surprisingly smooth, little motor. I even took it off-road for silly light-weight shananiggans and grounding it in the dirt! It isn't designed for that, but its weight got me out of trouble! It could carry odd shaped loads on the flat floor with that shopping hook. Incidentally, I traded it in for the rougher-running but roomy Nmax 125.

Availablity for all of them is dire but I found just one of the above, sat in the showroom, here in my local dealer; I secured it on Monday with a deposit, and picked it up Tuesday.

Q for you lot.

Which one have I just made room for in my garage - (I still have the Nmax 125 for now)?

The new one is sitting there right now with 33 miles on the clock. Unfortunately the roads are wet!

Tim

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Forza 350, 750, NC750X, SH350 - which one has a new home?

Post by MrGrumpy »

Interesting that you seem to have different impressions of the Forza 750 and the the 750X, given that they are basically exactly the same bike in different formats! Both have similar amounts of storage I think, though the Forza's looks a little more useful than the X's (judging from photos).

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

It's got to be the Forza 350. The 750X is a lot more expensive. But you seem to like it more. Errr???

No, I'm going for the Forza 350.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I saw these a couple of weeks ago - rear huggers:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184981554728 ... %3A2334524
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

MrGrumpy wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:47 am Interesting that you seem to have different impressions of the Forza 750 and the the 750X, given that they are basically exactly the same bike in different formats! Both have similar amounts of storage I think, though the Forza's looks a little more useful than the X's (judging from photos).
Mr Grumpy, yes I found two very different rides between the Forza 750 and NC desite the same motor. The NC X didn't carry as much plastic weight high up as the Forza 750 which just made for a light steering and nimble-feeling ride. That low centre of gravity tilted motor and lack of plastic, pushing the air out of the way and, I guess, riding ergos just gave a better ride.

But jumping on the Forza 350 made me feel at home.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

StephenC wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:06 am It's got to be the Forza 350. The 750X is a lot more expensive. But you seem to like it more. Errr???

Well, the Forza 350 was high up on the list StephenC but felt samey-samey, if you know what I mean.

So I plumped for the SH 350i in mat silver.

It's a bleeding wolf in sheep's clothing, an urban missile. I can go 'hunting' on it and play traffic light grand prix! It's slim and relatively light.

In fact, I'm off touring Wales on it next week with tent and flask. No top-box yet nor screen but they can come later when stock is available. The built-in rear rack is a boon and I know that I'll take advantage of that shopping hook with a dry bag. I know that I can sit further up the seat for a stretched out riding position with feet on the much larger rear footrests :P

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

[quote=Waldorf post_id=304920 time=1629385504 user_id=110]
I saw these a couple of weeks ago - rear huggers:]

Well bugger me Waldorf, Ive looked and looked and was unable to find any rear huggers at all. Thanks though, nice to know for the future as my partner fancies the Forza 350.

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

How did you find the DCT gearbox on the 750s, compared to scooter belt drive? Never been able to get on with them, me!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:57 pm
StephenC wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:06 am It's got to be the Forza 350. The 750X is a lot more expensive. But you seem to like it more. Errr???

Well, the Forza 350 was high up on the list StephenC but felt samey-samey, if you know what I mean.

So I plumped for the SH 350i in mat silver.

It's a bleeding wolf in sheep's clothing, an urban missile. I can go 'hunting' on it and play traffic light grand prix! It's slim and relatively light.

In fact, I'm off touring Wales on it next week with tent and flask. No top-box yet nor screen but they can come later when stock is available. The built-in rear rack is a boon and I know that I'll take advantage of that shopping hook with a dry bag. I know that I can sit further up the seat for a stretched out riding position with feet on the much larger rear footrests :P
A new sh 350???, UK stocks seen low in dealers atm, where did you get it from? Great choice by the way. ;)
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Greyerbeard wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:25 am How did you find the DCT gearbox on the 750s, compared to scooter belt drive? Never been able to get on with them, me!
Not intrusive at all. I did try the override/shift +/- buttons on the left for quicker overtakes. I couldn't be bothered using them after a while and just let the DCT do all the work. It all seemed smooth and judder-free even at crawling speeds, but I was more intrigued with the low gear changes at low speeds, say, for example slowing down at a junction and pulling away. Yet, there was nothing about the DCT on either the Forza 750 nor NC X that I don't think I'd be upset about. The gear changes are noticeable Greyerbeard, and with that, I mean in comparison with the smoothness of CVT. But overall, I would have no qualms owning the latest incarnation of DCT. However, the weight of these heavier Hondas, running costs and to a lesser extent, the chain drive influence my decision to stick with smaller capacity scoots.

Honda just knows how to make great machines.